CO MMJ Lawyers

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

IMO - the best MMJ lawyer - if you want to fight, and fight hard, would be Lauren Davis.

Lauren is also a good one. I've met her face to face and she's the real deal. I should have mentioned her earlier. Thanks Jerome!

D

DoobyScoo

I know a few people that keep him on retainer just so they can bust out his card should something happen.
Name recognition is important when dealing with authority.
He seems to care, IMO.
Hard to say though, b/c I haven't ever had to use him.
Others say he is just about changing precendent, or for money.

Who knows?
All I know is he wins cases.

It is more about educating yourself about the laws and being discreet than it is about having the best lawyer, IMO.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Lauren is smart and can, and does win, often on technicalities. But she is VERY expensive.

Rob can be cheaper since he will take a flat rate. Lauren likely will not.

Lauren is HOT.

Rob is a dude.

Lauren is HOT... however she is the reason I do not grow. She pointed out how stupid it is to when one is an advocate and on the hot seat. I agreed. And so do the people around me who now take care of me.... :):harvest:

sky high

sky high

Lawyers are taking money from people who are too stupid or lazy to read 1284 for themselves. Or they represent people who are knowingly breaking and bending the laws for $$$$. MHO

I disagree. I read 1284 and saw that there was NO provision/allowance for the county I live in to limit residential grows.....and when they tried to do so anyway...in direct opposition to the constituion they are sworn to uphold/operate under in their Charter...and after I stood before them 3 times and asked nicely for them to merely leave us alone/follow State law....I hired a local attorney to toss a bomb into the plan and threaten a class-action lawsuit representing myself/my wife and my 2 patients.

I never felt the NEED to hire an attorney to protect my Constitutional rights 'til now...but in this case I felt being passive was being >pussive< when it comes to personal rights and standing up for what is mine.

RMCG....my guy isn't a MMJ attorney per se....he's a well-rounded/well-respected attorney in my communtiy who believes the laws are here to work for us, not against us....and while he doesn't cheif/never has....he is all for legalization and stopping this kind of intrusion/BS into the lives of citizens who are harming no one and operating within the framework of these laws.

wot a mess...

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

any body have any info on rob corry?

Rob is the guy who speaks at 420 at the capitol every year. When he walks into a courtroom, the judge looks at him and thinks "it's that marijuana attorney again". maybe pick someone who doesn't do as many marijuana cases. He's a good attorney but he's got a reputation. My friend was disappointed because he could have plead to a lesser charge but Rob wanted to battle it out. He could have done better just bargaining with the DA with someone who wasn't trying to make every case a "historic case" if you catch my drift. If you really want to fight, call Rob. If you just want to plead it down and take a wrap, call someone else.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

In Colorado Springs Mike Warren is the #1 choice. He doesn't handle many cases now days but if he takes your case the odds are good you're going to walk.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

I disagree. I read 1284 and saw that there was NO provision/allowance for the county I live in to limit residential grows.....and when they tried to do so anyway...in direct opposition to the constituion they are sworn to uphold/operate under in their Charter...and after I stood before them 3 times and asked nicely for them to merely leave us alone/follow State law....I hired a local attorney to toss a bomb into the plan and threaten a class-action lawsuit representing myself/my wife and my 2 patients
s h

Good work there buddy!

I know of one other county (Douglas) that is supposedly backing down on their CG patient limit (1). They have been called by well known lawyers and have said they are no longer, if they ever did, enforcing their 1 patient limit....

sky high

sky high

Considering the changes coming down almost daily on all of this...time will tell if it was >good< money spent, JG. All signs point to a favorable outcome, but I will believe it all when I see the vote come down...and even then I know @ this point in all of this that >EVERYTHING< is temporary/can be changed.

I'm not gonna lay down without a fight though. I spent mucho time upfront in the late 90s helping get this all on the ballot...ditto with the denver initiative/SAFER....

spent ALL my seed $$$ on this attorney (and more)....and am not makin >anything< anymore off this game...but in the end it ain't about the $$$...it's about the principal and the basic rights we need to protect.

My self-preservation mode has kicked in. Stay the fuck out of my way...bee-atches!

s h

S

SSHZ

If you don't think lawyers are important, I'll enlighten some of you. Many years ago I was arrested with 875 plants in an indoor warehouse grow. It was the largest hydroponic operation my state had ever seen. My wife and I were charged with:

1. one 1st degree charge (20 years in prison)
2. one 2nd degree charge (additional 10 years)
3. four 3rd degree charges (one 5 year manditory)
4. a bunch of lesser charges

I was looking at MUCHO years in prison and the loss of everything, as was my wife. It cost me $75K total for everything regarding the lawyers (the wife had different representation) but the wife walked free and I was sentenced to 6 months and walked out in 2 months with 3 years probation which I got out of in 1.5 years. I left the state, never to go back. If you think a good lawyer isn't important, don't prepare and get ready to do your time. If you are smart and prepared for the worse, you'll be a lot better off in the long run and it won't be anywhere as bad.......... but some people just think they are smarter than the system!!!

D

Double Kindness

Rob Corry has represented me for years, and you bet ya that throwing out his name or dialing him up on my cell phone has made many a LEO & DA walk away and say never mind. At first Rob did represent me pro bono, until he got bigger and busier, he did ask for 3k retainer, and this is prior to any trouble. I have not had many problems at all with Rob as my legal counsel, he did write a cease a desist order against the DPD when they were pulling over patients and business partners leaving one of the dispensaries I'm involved with. I had a few issues with the Arapahoe County DA, but Rob has won against the county before, and bringing up that he's my mmj attorney has made many queries just disappear. I do have a criminal attorney on retainer that also works on the same floor as Rob, and Craig Skinner is an absolute top notch criminal defense attorney, he's extremely expensive though.
I have heard great things about Lauren Davis, but I have ample representation, and have been very happy with the work Rob has provided for me and several of my associates.
Warren Edson is a dick, he will give the advice for you to not grow or make money unless you're one of the big guys. Unfortunately, I have had to do business with him due to some of the dispensaries I work with use him as their lawyer, but I think he's a waste of space, and he definitely has his own agenda.
One never plans on having to go to court, but that's not a reason to not be prepared. There are several times I've been thankful to have the representation I have. I can also tell you that I've gone the no lawyer route and it landed me in jail for 3 1/2 months for something that I should have gotten a fine or probation for... so for what it's worth... I'm sticking to being lawyered up to the teeth.

E

epicseeds

Jeff Gard in Boulder is our guy. He hasn't asked for a hefty retainer, and he's more than willing to answer questions. He also speaks to Matt Cook on the phone regularly.

Do you still use this guy? I went to see him a few months ago and I got the impression he was full of shit, and didnt necessarily stand up for MJ. He also would barely let you talk, or ask questions.

All he did was ramble on about how if I chose to be a caregiver, I will be caught eventually, and that it is virtually impossible to not get caught. He claimed that I could get raided, and I would be just a hair out of compliance and go to jail blah blah blah.

I dont know, he just didnt seem like I guy I would really trust to tell me what's going on in the mmj legal scene.

sky high

sky high

Money well spent.

Eagle County ponders easing medical marijuana rules

Voters supported dispensaries in countywide vote last year

EAGLE, Colorado — In the aftermath of a non-binding vote by citizens that nevertheless demonstrated some strong support for medical marijuana operations, Tuesday the Eagle County Commissioners discussed easing up on the regulations governing such operations.

Noting that they want to fine-tune their rule changes, the commissioners tabled formal action on the issue until June 14. During their discussion, they noted that the county's new regulations are aimed at providing more options for medical marijuana businesses.

Last November, a general medical marijuana question presented by Eagle County garnered support from 56 percent of the voters.

“More votes were cast in favor on that issue than any other issue including the governor,” noted Commissioner Peter Runyon.

With the information from the voters in hand, the county set to work re-examining the self-described prohibitive rules enacted for medical marijuana operations back in 2009.

Under the proposed changes, medical marijuana operations would be an allowed use in commercial general and commercial limited zone districts. Required setbacks from churches, schools and residential areas would remain in place but the distance required would drop from 500 feet to 200 feet. In general terms, the new regs would open up 117.5 acres to the use. The old rules limited medical marijuana operations to about five acres.

Local attorneys Rohn Robbins and Beth Ayres spoke in favor of the changes and advocated for specific clients during the hearing. Robbins also asked the county to address the issue of the number of plants allowed for cultivation by a registered medical marijuana caregiver. State law allows for caregivers to cultivate up to six plants were patient and they are allowed to grow for a maximum of five patients in addition to their own use. Applying those figures, he urged the county to specify up to 36 plants can be grown by an individual caregiver.

As part of its consideration, the county noted it does not plan to license medical marijuana businesses aside from requiring operations to complete the Colorado state licensing process. Robbins noted that the state process is an exacting one. He said his client, Herbal Elements, had to submit an 800-page application to the state that contained an extensive amount of information.

“There is a tremendous vetting beyond anything else in the state,” said Robbins.

He noted that medical marijuana operations are often compared to alcohol licensed facilities, but said they are held to a much higher standard.

“I would ask you to remember the last time you hear of a medical marijuana dispensary fight and the last time you heard of a bar fight,” said Robbins.

After discussing the caregiver-cultivation issue and noting staff had completed an “exhaustive” review of the issue, the board agreed to include the 36-plant threshold in the regulation and directed staff to formalize that discussion for an official vote in two weeks.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Cool news SH. Get ready for some company if that vote passes in 2 weeks though. How many, "where is the best county to grow" threads have there been? lol..

sky high

sky high

Pretty SAD that money has to be spent to PROTECT AND RETAIN the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS I already possess......but the fuckers have no clue AND NO ONE ELSE IS TRYING TO STOP THEM...so what else can ya do?

I could have ignored it....but that is the pussy/cowards way out so I did what i felt I had to do.

gotta shut the lawyer down tho....without bein able to make any $$$ off sales these days and bein' unemployed....it's a direct draw from my personal savings/future to keep this train on the track. I'm 4K into this as it is.....

Can ya believe there's ANOTHER YEAR of MONOPOLY set on the table for these dispensary clowns?

Anyone else wishin the DEA would make a showing and clean house....starting with Hickenlooper?

idiots.

wot a mess....

s h

Top Bottom