Co2 101

• Thread starter crock79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crock79

Any help would be greatly appreciated by a long time smoker first time grower. My grow tent is 1 by 1 by 1.8 metres (1.8m3). How long and how frequently do i turn my co2 tank on to reach 1300ppm? I have been a smoker for over a decade but recent prices have driven me to do my own. I'm doing ok with everything so far but the co2 thing has me stumped! I'm using a fire extinguisher with a regulator/solenoid valve. The thing works but i dont know the flow rate. The gauge shows psi and kg/cm2, the needle is pointing at 60 / 4.5. I dont even know which one is which?!?!?!? I am on the edge of being able to add something special to my grow but my experience is lacking. Can anyone help?

C

crock79

Co2 101 Update

I forgot. My extract fan is going at 160m3 per hour and I'm using passive vents at the bottom of the grow tent. Any help will be greatly appreciated:)

C

crock79

Was a bit baked last night, ended up going round in circles. To clarify, my tent is 1m by 1m by 1.8m. My co2 canister is at 60 psi / 4.5kg/cm2. What length of burst is needed at this pressure to fill the tent? Or does anyone know a formula or conversion chart that may help? My plan is to fill the tent to 1300ppm co2, leave for 20 mins, extract the tent, then repeat. Once again, any help will be mucho appreciated

C

crock79

I've been missing one essential item, a flow meter!!! Like you say, all the information is here

H

halitzor

Co2 in a tent isn't really very efficient.

But if you must, there is absolutely no reason to run Co2 without investing in the proper equipment.

You need a co2 monitor (300-500$) and an electronic regulator ($100) in addition to the tank.

Your tent is just going to let all of the co2 escape even with your exhaust off, so not sure how well it will work.

S

sssdad

i agree, i was growing for 2 years before i added co2. you need to get to know your strains and nutes first.

R

Rubijon

Is it a waist to run Co2 during the Veg stage? I am running 1200 ppm in a well sealed room.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

depends
if your running a commerical grow time is money so anything to speed up photosythis is worth it
if your growing for yourself the one or two days this cuts off veg prob isnt worth it

Top Bottom