CO2 and temps

• Thread starter matamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
matamus

matamus

so I hear lots of conflicting info on how high your temps can be while running a sealed room with co2. I also know that maintaing 1500 PPM's of co2 is crucial in allowing you to run higher temps. say you were to keep a range of 1000-1500ppm during lights on what would some of you say a good temp range is, if you could maintain the level of ppm during the high temp. duration.

G

G.F. Greens

i like to keep my room at 75 but for the most part keeping room temp low 70's to low 80's i see best results with co2 running at 1500ppm.

GFG

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Humidity has something do with it all so right?
:icon_spin:

G

G.F. Greens

yeah i believe so, not certain but i think for optimal up take of co2 rh should be around 75% which is not to bad if they are in veg or early flower but late flower that can be a problem. 70% is the highest i let my room get and i roll that back the longer into flower i go.

GFG

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
current flower room readouts>>> co2@1350 ppm's>>>
74 deg>>>>48% humidity and all is well:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

4maggio

current flower room readouts>>> co2@1350 ppm's>>>
74 deg>>>>48% humidity and all is well:)

gtd

High GTdanny.. what type of CO2 controllers do you use, so that you are able to know that it is at 1350ppms?

4maggio

4maggio he probably has a co2 ppm meter.
:dance

High matamus..

I agree with you .probably a CO2 meter/controller..?
I'm asking what brand controller/meter.
I use a CO2 controller.. CAP2-4,
it turns the fans on and off at preset temp/humidity,
co2 duration, exhaust timing, etc..values...
but I do not have the bit that measures the CO2 PPM values that attaches to the controller, that can be set to measure the PPMs (CO2).

N

noone88

Most people that use CO2 are most likely running a sealed room (or tent!) with an air conditioner.

CO2 generator is basically your "fresh air", so there's no need to intake/exhaust your grow room air, hence, no need for intake/exhaust fans. You do use a fan+filter combo that runs all day to scrub your air and also helps recirculate the CO2.

CAP makes products for this, but I use mainly Sentinel products.

www. growgps .com

the CHHC-1 controls all functions, but its only limited to 15 amps. This is enough to control a dehumidifier, but to control an AC unit, either a mini-split or a window unit, you need to setup a trigger wire that will power the unit indirectly.

4maggio

Most people that use CO2 are most likely running a sealed room (or tent!) with an air conditioner.

CO2 generator is basically your "fresh air", so there's no need to intake/exhaust your grow room air, hence, no need for intake/exhaust fans. You do use a fan+filter combo that runs all day to scrub your air and also helps recirculate the CO2.

www. growgps .com

the CHHC-1 controls all functions, but its only limited to 15 amps. This is enough to control a dehumidifier, but to control an AC unit, either a mini-split or a window unit, you need to setup a trigger wire that will power the unit indirectly.

High noone.. I grow in a box (3'x3'x7') it is a 'room' within an ACd room that has a portable AC , also within the room.
I'm guessing that this is akin to a sealed room.

I've had limited success with CO2, not being able to 'dial in' co2 ppms. I must use fans to limit temps/humidity in that little space.

I read that CAP isn't the best brand but it is what I came up with... I haven't heard good things about the attached PPm meter.. any brand. How is Sentinal?

N

noone88

I would try setting up the CO2 generator outside of your tent and get your CO2 to the correct levels. Then, when you vent in/out of your tent for temp/humidity control, you'll only be circulating CO2 enriched air.

I never used any CAP controllers, but my Sentinel products have been rock solid. I have 3 of their recycle timers, a bunch of their light controllers, and 2 of their CO2 controllers.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
High GTdanny.. what type of CO2 controllers do you use, so that you are able to know that it is at 1350ppms?

Hey bro, I use a CAP PPM-2a fuzzy logic. Just set it and forget it:)

www. growgps .com

you hit it dead on bro>>>>EXACTLY seal that shit up

gtd

M

MASSES 420KING

i do the whole ghetto style co2 homemade and my temps when co2 going full strength my temps get to 83 at its hottest

4maggio

High noone..

I've never thought, conceptually, about the CO2 'is' the air and to co2 the whole room to 1300-1500 ppms, that the box is in. I use a tank and solinoid.
Logical!
I still need the ppm counter attachment jammy.
Those fuzzy logic controllers are very expensive.
They look like the right thing though.

And how is it that you can control temp/humidity in the tent with no intake/exhause fans?

If my room temps are 74F, it can get to be 85F in the box, if I leave the fans off long enough or restrict intake to the box. If there were no fans, I'd have to run the portable AC at 62ish to maintain 85-90F.. it would burn up in no time, I'm guessing.

Tell me more.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
High noone..

I've never thought, conceptually, about the CO2 'is' the air and to co2 the whole room to 1300-1500 ppms, that the box is in. I use a tank and solinoid.
Logical!
I still need the ppm counter attachment jammy.
Those fuzzy logic controllers are very expensive.
They look like the right thing though.

And how is it that you can control temp/humidity in the tent with no intake/exhause fans?

If my room temps are 74F, it can get to be 85F in the box, if I leave the fans off long enough or restrict intake to the box. If there were no fans, I'd have to run the portable AC at 62ish to maintain 85-90F.. it would burn up in no time, I'm guessing.

Tell me more.

The fuzzy will be a great investment for ya brah:)

your temps and humidity are in check by your dehumidifier and your AC unit, no reason to exchange the air as there is no stale spent air to begin with, its constantly being induced with fresh co2 via tanks/burner
You scrub the room internally with your carbon scrub.
Smells and leaks are reduced considerably doing it this way:)

gtd

J

Jalisco Kid

You might check out GE's Telaire unit's sensors. I believe they make the sensors for other companies. JK

4maggio

The fuzzy will be a great investment for ya brah:)

your temps and humidity are in check by your dehumidifier and your AC unit, no reason to exchange the air as there is no stale spent air to begin with, its constantly being induced with fresh co2 via tanks/burner
You scrub the room internally with your carbon scrub.
Smells and leaks are reduced considerably doing it this way:)

gtd

What a concept... do you know, at what ppms co2 start becoming negative for other things in the room?
Well above 1500, no?

That fuzzy logic controller is about $800.. yes?

Yeow.. dehumidifier.. my portable AC is digital and will not restart automaticallly... like you said previously.
AND I just bought it last week) can not use a window AC..

The beginning of a plan.. thanks.. GTDanny...

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
What a concept... do you know, at what ppms co2 start becoming negative for other things in the room?
Well above 1500, no?

That fuzzy logic controller is about $800.. yes?

Yeow.. dehumidifier.. my portable AC is digital and will not restart automaticallly... like you said previously.
AND I just bought it last week) can not use a window AC..

The beginning of a plan.. thanks.. GTDanny...

That fuzzy logic CAP ppm-2a should run ya no more than $500 bucks>>>got a good deal from my local hydro guy.
imo i think @1500ppms it starts becoming a waste of co2>>>your plants can only use so much, I found at 1500 there was no difference in anything except the c02 consumption rate than when i run it at 1250ppms.
im sure each room will vary but for mine 1250/1300ppms is banging

gtd

N

noone88

it is very difficult to keep your CO2 levels constant if you're using a CO2 tank and not a CO2 generator. When you are constantly intaking/exhausting your grow tent air to control humidity and temps, you're also venting out CO2.

You do need a controller with fuzzy logic. But with the constant air exchange in the tent, I wouldn't be surprised if you go through a 20lb canister in one day.

Trying to add CO2 on a budget is almost not worth doing because you ultimately need a good CO2 controller, plus have your humidity and temps dialed in.

I would save up some money for now, and when you're ready, buy a good CO2 controller and a propane CO2 generator.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
A big help having a double regulator that allows you to run 2 tanks>>>I have 5 tanks total>>>>2 of them 20pound tanks will last me a month maintaining my grow at 1250ppms and thats cause of the fuzzy and dialed room.
Definitely save your coin and do it when your ready so your not defeating the purpose of co2.

gtd

Top Bottom