CO2 and the Veg Cycle

• Thread starter cemchris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So

I have been running a burner for quite a while now. I always had separate veg and flower rooms. Veg has fresh air. Flower has a burner and is sealed.

I have been vegging some plants from seed in my new flower room with the burner going. Seems like the plants like it best with the burner turned off and 0 ppm of CO2?!

I have done everything from 100 ppm up to 800ppm and they dont seem to like it as much. Veg fine but get they curl almost like from overwatering and seem to slouch down. Turn the burner off they perk up.

When I would throw them in flower I would start around 300 to 400 ppm and ramp up. Established plants seemed to eat it up in stride no problems. Young ones had to be a little easy on.

Temps are on lock. Controller is calibrated. Watering and nutes are on lock. Not my first rodeo. Any ideas?

Group_02_modded.jpg

Here is a day after I turned it off and they started to bounce back.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Those plants dont seem to like it. Let them be. Give them co2 when they are ready for it.

The plants are talking to you cemchris.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Those plants dont seem to like it. Let them be. Give them co2 when they are ready for it.

The plants are talking to you cemchris.

lol thats about the best answer I could of got. So normal? Sorry Im deaf sometimes :cool0041:

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I've been messing with co2 in veg lately and I only seen alot of growth when I recently started playing with my temps and rh. I've been fallowing the vpd chart and I found 8-900 ppms and there growing daily. I'm keepin my temps 77-79 and rh anyweres from 62-70% gotta keep fans rolling tho because the leaves are transpiring water fast you'll get wet spots which is asking for problems. There also super sensitive to nutes big time. But so far I'm having a blast and there growing faster than ever. My main stems are thick will see of yeild shows through and the end of my flower cycle.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm interested in seeing what comes of of tokinitupon1's trials, too! I think he may be onto something about the humidity. Vapor Pressure Differential is a concept not everyone intuitively understands- it says that plants like more humidity as temps rise, in the neighborhood of 70% at 78 degrees. The idea is that if it's too dry, the plants will be spending too much effort trying to stay hydrated, which makes them more susceptible to tip burn. If the plant is trying not to wilt, its stomata will be closed to reduce water loss, and since that's where the plant takes up CO2, adding more won't help. Chemcris, this may be the source of your troubles with pushing your young plants with CO2.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
For sure. Once they were established the C02 doesnt really skip a beat for them. Veggin at about a month and a half old and they were sucking 800 ppm like no ones business. Tokin I noticed that also at about 70% + they really started groovin. Before it was down low in the 40ish range. Now the plants have grown its rasing my humidity to where it needs to be. It might have not been an age issue but an RH issue.

los0420 naw man try again.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Ya it's for sure made growth fast. I've done the vegging I would have done in a month and a half to 2 months in a 4-5 weeks. Anything over 1000 ppms tho and they seemed to show the stress. I'm not sure about older plants yet Ill be doing all kinds of playing this winter.

vangs

vangs

So

I have been running a burner for quite a while now. I always had separate veg and flower rooms. Veg has fresh air. Flower has a burner and is sealed.

I have been vegging some plants from seed in my new flower room with the burner going. Seems like the plants like it best with the burner turned off and 0 ppm of CO2?!

I have done everything from 100 ppm up to 800ppm and they dont seem to like it as much. Veg fine but get they curl almost like from overwatering and seem to slouch down. Turn the burner off they perk up.

When I would throw them in flower I would start around 300 to 400 ppm and ramp up. Established plants seemed to eat it up in stride no problems. Young ones had to be a little easy on.

Temps are on lock. Controller is calibrated. Watering and nutes are on lock. Not my first rodeo. Any ideas?

Group_02_modded.jpg

Here is a day after I turned it off and they started to bounce back.
Hey man I no this is an old post but did you ever figure out the problem to this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing. As soon as I turn my generator on and put it to 800 even 700ppm, the plant leaves curl downwards and shrivel like you explained, almost thirsty looking, once I turn the generator off the problem goes away... my humidity is around 50-55% temp around 80f... everyone is telling me to use co2 in veg but when I try this happens..

Latest posts

Top Bottom