co2 burn????

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

seen a couple different posts on here about people adding co2 midway though a cycle and having leafs burn.
ec got a lil high around the same time i added co2 so im not really sure which it is
the burn was not consistent throughout and seemed concentrated by the co2 which is infront of a fan
does this co2 burn look just like nute burn?
if it is co2 burn i assume it is solved by slowly increasing the ppms instead of blasting them right away

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

jus looks like some super bad nute burn
forgot my camera today ill get them up in the mourn

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

garden is generally healthy execpt for one plant that is showing some burn at the tops and one area next to the co2 that is showing burn as well
2011 01 04 12 42 40 7551

2011 01 04 12 42 31 3121

2011 01 04 12 42 22 6261

2011 01 04 12 40 35 5111

2011 01 04 12 40 26 6561

homebrew420

homebrew420

I don't think that CO2 would cause anything like that. In fact I believe that CO2 will actually help prevent many types of overfeeding. Increasing metabolism giving growers a nice buffer zone for mistakes. I am however curious to find what this may be for I too have suffered from, what looks exactly the same, a similar issue.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

thats kinda what i figured until i saw several posts on here about co2 burn. wouldnt of thought twice about it being nute burn if it wasnt concentrated by the co2 tank.
dont remember which thread i saw it on but somebody did have that problem.
running a titan controller so im pretty sure my ppms are right too

Melvan

Melvan

Curious, is that one plant a different strain from the others? And what week are you in? What's your growth medium?

Melvan

Melvan

I am not the one to ask about hydro. I've grown in Pro-Mix BX for years, or some version of it like Canadian Grow Mix, never dug on the hydro.

I'd say if you think you're having CO2 burn the common sense thing to do is stop burning the CO2 and see what happens. If new growth in the abused area comes out healthy, you know you fixed the problem.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yea for sure thx for your input. the problem evened out. figured the ladies either got used to the co2 or the bumping the ec down fixed it. just wanted input for my next round

C

Colebz

Hard to tell from the pics but looks like n toxicity. Or a salt build up

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

running hydrozyme and drip clean so its def not salt buildup
n toxicity could b it kinda why i bumped my ppms down
rez was changed to

Melvan

Melvan

You said the damage appears near the CO2 tank right? Here's something from greenmanspage that may explain it.

Ozone damage typically found near the generator. Although a rare problem, symptoms generally appear as a Mg deficiency, but the symptoms are localized to immediately around the generator

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

using co2 tank and regulator so no generator
couldnt find the greenmans page your talking about tho

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Master its cool to see an aero junkie. I ran the areo for probably 8-9 yrs. Took me about 5 crops to figure it out, but holy shit those things are fast. no veg . Switched to coco large plants low numbers. The days of having 260 plants in the basement are over. I do miss the aero. I slways called it the set it and forget it.

Melvan

Melvan

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/plant_abuse.html

I was just making the point that this could be ozone damage. Maybe not from a generator, that's just where he saw his problems, but you said the damage was only appearing in the plant near the tank, it could be caused by some kind of gas off, that would cause ozone damage.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Master its cool to see an aero junkie. I ran the areo for probably 8-9 yrs. Took me about 5 crops to figure it out, but holy shit those things are fast. no veg . Switched to coco large plants low numbers. The days of having 260 plants in the basement are over. I do miss the aero. I slways called it the set it and forget it.

yep love my aero. i keep each setup to under thirty plants, with 3 set ups per house. im running two aeroflos with 2x1000 on light movers with each. 4 cycles in but i had to tear down middle of my third cycle(partner got arrested and wanted to be safe)Was just getting everything perfected at this point.
Next two cycles i learned the importance of good genetics(never running maui or blackberry again)
I am giving them a one to two week veg just to keep my numbers down

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/plant_abuse.html

I was just making the point that this could be ozone damage. Maybe not from a generator, that's just where he saw his problems, but you said the damage was only appearing in the plant near the tank, it could be caused by some kind of gas off, that would cause ozone damage.

cool i got ya read up on this a lil bit and that very well could be it.
it is supposed to get worse over time in a sealed room too so thinking that opening a window or turning on a fan every now and then would be a great idea
thx for the link btw

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Thats funny I ran a couple runs with 3 plants per tube and vegged big. The tubes were 3/4 the way full of roots and the roots were going down the drain tubes and getting sucked into the pump. I did the lightmovers for awhile to. Gave my setup to a buddy hes killed the first two set of clones I gave him. The first set left my house and called me 4hrs later. "hey buddie uhh cane u come over I got problems. This guy has been growin for yrs and still dont get it. Hes tried about every method of cultivation unsuccesfully. I might have ti get it back and give it to somebody else.

Melvan

Melvan

You're welcome. I like how he's clear and concise in his diagnosis. I would say any plant issue you could have can be found on that one page.

You should have a fan and ventilation going on in there already. Fans are about more than cooling, they're about circulating old air out through the ventilation. If you don't have new air coming in, old air going out, all your fans are doing is moving around the old stale stuff. You also want those small fans blowing a gentle breeze across the top of your canopy. This promotes strong stem growth and helps keep environmental contaminants from settling on the leaves.

Even with the CO2 burner you want the air to exchange completely at least once a minute. Using my CO2 reader I know the air exchanges in my room 3-4 times per minute.

How are your girls looking today? Are you noticing any advancement in the condition?

Latest posts

Top Bottom