CO2 Burner and Light Pollution at night?

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

Searching didn't get me very far, so I'll start a new thread here...any chance of the pilot light from a co2 burner (gen-2 from cap specifically) would be troublesome while the lights are out at night? the only spot to hang the thing if pretty much right over my canopy, so that light will be shining down...is it a big deal or no?

thanks for your input farmers..

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

it depends on how much light is actually being generated
can you read a newspaper with the light? no it won't work
can you read the denomination of a bill? if no then it will probably be ok
but then we get into how stable your particular gals are so?

fwiw

OGONLY

OGONLY

It is a problem bro. I have the Gen 1 and I wake up at 5:50 to blow the pilot out before the lights go off at 6. I've been in there lights off with the pilot on and it flickers on the walls like a bitch.

I have mylar on my walls and it reflects the pilot light on all sides. Not worth it for me. I've benefited from waking up for these girls every am. Learned to just bounce up for them and either go back to bed or not. Many a day has been more productive because I got up 2 or 3 hours earlier.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

not familiar with this unit but maybe take a alum turkey pan and spray with black header paint
rivet to bottom of unit to diffuse light?

OGONLY

OGONLY

not familiar with this unit but maybe take a alum turkey pan and spray with black header paint
rivet to bottom of unit to diffuse light?

Already thought of something like that and it wouldn't work because there are 2 open sides near the top where venting occurs. Covering these up would both affect the function of the unit and trap CO2 preventing it from being distributed properly.

Next time I'll get an electic ignition. But for the price I paid for my unit I'm not complaining.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Hey Bro I use a gen 2 from cap as well. I never really worried bout it. Never had any problems in the last two years with em causing hermies. I have it hung smack dab in the middle of the room hanging from the ceiling also.

pork

pork

sweet...thanks for the various input....i think i'ma give it a shot...it's cold as balls in my room right now and a burner will help with adding some heat too...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
They have a pilot light??? Man sure am glad I got a Sentinel. Do they have an auto shutoff if the pilot light goes out so your sealed room doesnt fill up with gas for 12 hrs?

R

RollingWeed

ummmm....CO2 shouldn't be used at night. Maybe right before the lights come on, but no I wouldn't waste the energy or time giving the plants CO2 when the lights are out

pork

pork

good question cc...hope things are well...as soon as i can get my hands on a camera i'ma post up what ive been up to...4k of blackberry kush....sealed tent, co2, h&g..should be interesting...

Z

Zensai

The rule of thumb I always have used was if its brighter then Moonlight, then you need to fix it.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

I wake up at 5:50 to blow the pilot out before the lights go off

:confused0054:wowsers, now thats dedication. youre a madman and it shows. i use a gen 2 and cant see my hand in front of my face until it blocks the pilot with lights out, im more worried about the led lights on my fans and dehueys. but thats my motto with growing, overkill is underrated...

but i know that paranoia, i wake up @ 6 or 7 all the time thinking i left the light on in the bathroom. wide awake from a dead sleep somehow thinking about nothing but that light. every once in a while its actually on...

and no, there is no failsafe if the pilot goes out on the cap units, there is one if the unit tips over to cut the gas off

OGONLY

OGONLY

:confused0054:wowsers, now thats dedication. youre a madman and it shows. i use a gen 2 and cant see my hand in front of my face until it blocks the pilot with lights out, im more worried about the led lights on my fans and dehueys. but thats my motto with growing, overkill is underrated...

but i know that paranoia, i wake up @ 6 or 7 all the time thinking i left the light on in the bathroom. wide awake from a dead sleep somehow thinking about nothing but that light. every once in a while its actually on...

and no, there is no failsafe if the pilot goes out on the cap units, there is one if the unit tips over to cut the gas off

Ya bro I'm a freak when it comes to the details. I had the red light on my timer taped but not taped well enough. Went in there when lights were off and red light was reflecting off mylar next to the timer. Sure enough nanners were on some lower nugs right there, and only right there. The pilot light on my Gen1 creates way more light than that taped over red light on my timer did.

And yes the Gen1 does have a fail safe if the pilot goes out. You can hear it trip a switch about 45 seconds after the pilot goes out. It even says so in the online manual. Definitley a nice feature for piece of mind.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

the Gen1 does have a fail safe if the pilot goes out. You can hear it trip a switch about 45 seconds after the pilot goes out. It even says so in the online manual. Definitley a nice feature for piece of mind.

i was unaware, ill assume its on the gen 2 as well, learn somethin new every day. that box has been my biggest fear since i started using it im always worried its gonna start a fire somehow

OGONLY

OGONLY

i was unaware, ill assume its on the gen 2 as well, learn somethin new every day. that box has been my biggest fear since i started using it im always worried its gonna start a fire somehow

I've got the same fear bro. I bet everyone with one of these has it too. Good common sense will keep us safe bro. Not everyone has it.

Top Bottom