co2 burner stuck on

• Thread starter LongFlight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LongFlight

Happened to check my co2 meter... Was 2400ish, check the gen1( pilot light, propane), it was still burning.. Hit switch to OFF, still burning... Unplugged gen from ppm3 controller, still burning.... Close propane tank, burner went out.

Just discovered and calling cap tomorrow..

Anyone experience this or similar and what was diagnoses?

F

fasteddy0

More than likely it is a defective solenoid, it is a problem with CAP CO2 generators.

They are aware of this, but have not decided to recall their burners yet.

U

UNVME

Hey. My ppm3 meter got stuck the other day @ 1448. Wasnt moving, burner was running. I unplugged the PPM3, plugged it back in, it read about 5000, and turned off the burner.

Scary for sure. I think a carbon monoxide detector is in order.

L

LongFlight

Thanks for input guys...

Few things I could come up with was the solenoid problems like you mentioned...

Yesterday I actually lit the burner back on and it ran correctly again, shutting off/on according to controller.

Today though, when lights came on, the burner came on also (it is on normal timer to come on during lights on) but once ppm read 1500 it kept puushing to 2000.... Went thru same unplug procedure i mentioned above and had to just shut off tank itself.

Does seem to make sense with the solenoid being the issue...

B

BoCo Buds

Did your controller continue to indicate it was calling for the burner the whole time? Or did it go off while the burner kept firing? If the former, then the controller is likely the issue.

From what I've heard (not used personally) those are kinda touchy & taking it back for an exchange might be warranted. GL

PS you could always use a cycle timer on the burner & see how that goes for you... say 1 or 2 min on with 3-6 off. If that works, then definitely the controller.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have a Gen 1 burner and a PPM 3 controller.

The PPM 3 is famous for a glich that occurs from time to time. I have entered my room to find it at 5000+ PPM. I've investigated this alot. Happens to many people withthe PPM 3.

Solution: Set your timer to turn the controller off then back on every 8 to 10 hours durring opperation.

In your case it may be the selenoid? Just thought I'd let you know what I know about my set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom