CO2 & Carbon Scrubber's?

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Ok so I have search the threads on co2 iv used google, asked on my thread, looked on a few other sites now as well I just have to ask out front.

My question is I have Co2 tanks and a Co2 controller with RH/EXH outlet/controller in one (Titan kronus2) as well as an atlas 2 hooked into that. Now I don't understand why my 20lb tanks are only lasting me a week or less in a 15x15 sealed grow the math does not add up only thing I can figure is because my Co2 and scrubber are running at the same time the scrubber is clearing my Co2 from the air? it is recirculating not exh!

Is this true does anyone know?

My question is should I put the carbon scrubber on the exh hookup on the kronus so when the RH is met the Co2 will go off and scrubber on? The temp will never go over as I have split ac so in turn getting the Rh is going to be a challenge in itself, im just at a loss for what im doing wrong never had this problem before I sealed and used NG co2 gens

Billyboat

Billyboat

My 20 lb tanks last me 5-7 days in my rooms. Propane tank with a burner would last a month or so.

I run a multitude of scrubbers and max fans in every room and they don't scrub your co2 away. Co2 is heavier then air, get more fans blowing your air up, and I bet your tanks last longer.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

See this is my problem I have a tunnel fan on the floor high powered fans on the wall 8" vortex on the scrubber blowing at the ac on the roof and oh yeah the ac blows like a wind storm as well so air is moving ALOT. So you say your Co2 goes out in a week also are you in a sealed room like I am? this does not seem long that will wind up costing me a lot of doe in the long run as I can not turn my C02 off I run a full perpetual pulling every two weeks so I always have late flower in the room. is this really what it is going to take to get clean Co2 in my room, am I really going to need another 75 a month on four 20lb tank refills is there something I can do to make it last longer?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Yea I run sealed rooms. I set my ppm meter to 1100.

That's about how long they last.

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

20lb Co2 tank would last me about a week at 1000ppm's

Co2 generator on propane would last about a month

Might sound like a stupid question but hey you never know

Are you turning your Co2 off at night?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

yes @MysteryChild the kronus dose this auto with a photo cell @Billyboat well dam then thanks for your help it just seems so crappy to have to pay out the ass like this for CLEAN C02
I almost want to go back to natural gas gens that hook rite to my house but I hate the way it makes my room and my buds smell the room is always in a funk like a camper/caravan stove is on and the buds get an almost chemical smell that is similar to an indoor propane furnace that has not been turned on in a while (like burning dirt) makes me wonder if it is any cheaper to have a 50 or 100 lb tank filled like I said on my thread tho I was sure I was rite on key with timing as I have done all my homework before but it jus did not seem rite for some reason again thanks for the help

Myco

Myco

Are you guys using portable air conditioners, window shakers, poorly sealed air cooled hoods, etc?

In my 10x15' sealed room with a mini split (no air exchange between indoor/outdoor air) I get 17-20 days per 20 lb tank.

And trust me, anybody that is going through a 20lb tank within 5 days... is exhausting co2 too quickly for it to even be a benefit to the plants.

And no, carbon scrubbers do not affect co2. Co2 is carbon dioxide, after all ;)

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

10x10 tents with mini splits for me

Scrubber inside the tent

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

,Ya I did know that but I had this silly thought that perhaps it would how do you say re phresh itself (pun intended) with fresh co2 like knockin the dust off it or something

as for your next statement I have an 18000BTU pioneer split ac everything is sealed air tight with caulk, all but under the door this I place a damp towel under for the crack but I feel this dose a fine job of keeping air in, but could also be the root of my problem as well. (not really sure) Now the way I had it planed was like you said I had it planed with simple math! I could get 15-25 days from one 20lb co2 tank! when I get home from work I am totally going all the way around my room to see if I missed any holes or have a leak somewhere but I am so sure I do not could me simply going in and out of the room once a day do this much damage to the total ppm? what other reasons could there possibly be for me to have this much co2 loss as I also have zero air exchange other than opening the door to go in!?!

Billyboat

Billyboat

Are you guys using portable air conditioners, window shakers, poorly sealed air cooled hoods, etc?

In my 10x15' sealed room with a mini split (no air exchange between indoor/outdoor air) I get 17-20 days per 20 lb tank.

And trust me, anybody that is going through a 20lb tank within 5 days... is exhausting co2 too quickly for it to even be a benefit to the plants.

My rooms are quite a bit larger, 25x15....my tanks last no longer then 7 days, I exchange 6 tanks a week.

Sealed up, 5 ton ac, barebulb, etc....no exhaust....

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

well iv gone around and rechecked all my areas and I happened to have a hose hole I did not plug in the wall but 1/2 inch shouldn't give me a loss like that I have decided either m controller is bad or the damp towel is dong nothing under the doo went and got a door sweep and put a board flush against the door on the floor now I guess lets talk some about opinions on controllers and scrubbers what works best (please only say something about what you have used or had close experience with)

I currently am looking at the titan hyperion 1 or the grozone scc1 has anyone used them yet? I feel my atlas 2 may be bad (used but new in box?!?) plus it just seems it would be put to better use in one of my tents even if it is not. As for scrubber's I have been stuck on Phresh for a long time with no issues but buying them new is spendy and just refilling them with fresh carbon is a true pain in the ass! I have here a greengator filter I have yet to use but I would still need one more to stack on it (they stack not single units) to properly scrub my room.

@Billyboat How the hell do you do that much even growing like you do I would go broke on Co2 alone? lol! what controller do you use?

Billyboat

Billyboat

It's the price ya gotta pay to play I guess.

I have used the cap ppm3s, they are junk.

I have used sentinel controllers, (still rock 4)

I also have some of the dl wholesale atlas controllers, they work just fine.

I would rock a sentinel again anyday.

Next on my list is agrotek...

GoClutch

GoClutch

It's the price ya gotta pay to play I guess.

I have used the cap ppm3s, they are junk.

I have used sentinel controllers, (still rock 4)

I also have some of the dl wholesale atlas controllers, they work just fine.

I would rock a sentinel again anyday.

Next on my list is agrotek...

Nice thanks for sharing your exp with those controllers. I have had my CDMC6000 from Green Air Products for years and it offers the best set of features IMO and is very well built, The sensor has required one 120$ refurb in 6 years.

GoClutch

GoClutch

yes @MysteryChild the kronus dose this auto with a photo cell @Billyboat well dam then thanks for your help it just seems so crappy to have to pay out the ass like this for CLEAN C02
I almost want to go back to natural gas gens that hook rite to my house but I hate the way it makes my room and my buds smell the room is always in a funk like a camper/caravan stove is on and the buds get an almost chemical smell that is similar to an indoor propane furnace that has not been turned on in a while (like burning dirt) makes me wonder if it is any cheaper to have a 50 or 100 lb tank filled like I said on my thread tho I was sure I was rite on key with timing as I have done all my homework before but it jus did not seem rite for some reason again thanks for the help
I run a 4 burner LP generator, but also run recirculating carbon scrubbers in my room that run 24/7- I have never noticed any combustion odor.

los0420

los0420

I was just about to say 5 days on a tank thats crazy your room def isn't sealed i have over 5 weeks on one tank set@1000 ppm for my sealed veg room thats 10x20

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Are you using an exterior grade door with seals all around it?You should be,Walter makes a great point,if your door is not sealed and you have positive pressure it will push out air/co2.Get a squeeze bottle and put some talcum/babypowder in it and go inside during lights on puffing that powder around your door,if theres a leak you will see the powder get sucked out.Where are you located? sounds like you pay alot for co2,for a 20 i pay 10 bucks a tank and in my 12x12 spaces it lasts about 7-10 days at 1300 ppm.A pinhole leak is not going to do it and the carbon scrubber wont either,i wonder if your controllers photo eye/timer is not working?This would waste 50%,maybe try manually turning the tank valve on and off at lights out/on for a while and see if it lasts longer.
Anyone whos getting 3-5 weeks out of their bottles in similar sized rooms post up what controllers your using cause i will go buy that shit right now,lol.
Best of luck,you'll figure it out by process of elimination im sure.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I run a 12X16 completely sealed room flower room. Autopilot controller set @ 1200ppm. 35# tank lasts about 14-15 days. I can usually get my 35# tanks for a bout 12$ per. TBH, in the bigger scheme of things, 70$ a month is a quarter bag. Like someone else said, if ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. MGG

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Elevation makes a difference, I do not know how much but, at higher elevations the atmosphere is less dense, in the tank it wouldn't matter but once released it has to disperse and occupy a certain atmospheric pressure.

Maybe find out what level above the sea you are at and do some math, the differences should be relatively linear.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sealed room running EVS-2 controller set at 1100 ppm and I generally get 7-9 days on a 20# tank in a 10x10'x10' room. Seems the average from what I am seeing is a week, based on the posts.

I run a 12X16 completely sealed room flower room. Autopilot controller set @ 1200ppm. 35# tank lasts about 14-15 days. I can usually get my 35# tanks for a bout 12$ per. TBH, in the bigger scheme of things, 70$ a month is a quarter bag. Like someone else said, if ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. MGG

@Mr_GreenGenes .... Damn man I wish I had your Co2 supplier here where I am at they must be in the know about the reasons a lot of us are buying the gas, cause I have shopped over 12 locations and the going rate here is 26.00 per 20# fill. Highway robbery........

Top Bottom