Co2 Dispersing over crop

• Thread starter mstngmusic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mstngmusic

I have a "Co2 Boost" setup for my tent, and have been running normal air line hose over my plants. I bought a 3 line splitter for the hoses so I can run 3 lines over my crop. It seems to work "OK", but it seems to basic of a current setup for all of my plants. I want it to be great setup, especially when I am growing 7 plants in my tent.

Does anyone have a better idea on how to dispense my Co2 to my plants other than what I am already doing? Especially when dealing with 7 plants and more to come.

The only idea that I had was to run the 3 air hoses over the crop and poke holes over each row of plants. The biggest problem that I have seen by doing it this way is the first holes in the line will be the ones that disperse the Co2 rather than the last holes. Currently, I have plugged off the ends so that the Co2 is trapped in the lines, only dispersing from the holes, it just doesn't disperse evenly this way.

It is not a good setup and I will probably be pulling this down and trying to figure out another setup. Any suggestions???

F

fatman

Drill holes dont "poke" them. Set the tubing in the arrangement that you desire (physical shape and size). Drill very small holes very 6" or so. Now place tubing in your bath tub underwater and run CO2 through the holes. Use the same pressure and flow as you would use in your actual set up. Mark where the the amount of air starts dropping off in the tubing lengths. Drill holes in the low flow areas a little larger. Put back in tub and retest. Reapeat until flow appears evenly every where. A couple three inch muffin fans attached to the bottom of some 3 inch diameter PVC pipe so as to blow CO2 rich air from the floor area back up to above the top of the plants assure the CO2 is kept flowing up to the plants canopy where it is most needed. Hang the pipes from strings/chains attached to the ceiling.

P

pikes peak 69

Couple of good ideas there fatman.
Welcome to the site as well.

pp69

Latest posts

Top Bottom