CO2 for veg good or bad idea?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Im building a new spot and im jus wondering if I should introduce c02 into my veg room or keep it intake/exhaust.
my veg room will be everything frm small cutts and moms to teens in one room. I think i read that supplemented Co2 is counter productive to clones and small plants but im not sure any help suggestions welcomed.

confu

G

gooey

Not sure why it would be a bad thing, if anything I would say some people prefer it in veg only. Clearly the research shows it increases yield, and I'm sure it does with all other variables being equal. However some notice a lack of proper ripening, fluffy flower development or no difference. Some see a big increase etc, I would use it if it's not a hassle or security risk, if it is I would not worry about it.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Not sure why it would be a bad thing, if anything I would say some people prefer it in veg only. Clearly the research shows it increases yield, and I'm sure it does with all other variables being equal. However some notice a lack of proper ripening, fluffy flower development or no difference. Some see a big increase etc, I would use it if it's not a hassle or security risk, if it is I would not worry about it.

is their an ideal level to run in veg, i would think a lil lower than what peeps run in flower.

confu

Myco

Myco

Aside from the last couple weeks of flower, running co2 up to 1200 ppm will never hurt any plants or have a negative impact... no matter what their state of growth. But think of it this way, if a plant is not already established and in prime health in a dialed environment, the plant simply will not benefit from the supplemental co2. Once a plant is healthy and established, it will utilize the supp. co2.

But to simplify, supplemental co2 in veg is a great thing :D

G

gooey

Yeah I would say the flower rec of 1500 if I remember is the point of diminishing returns. I mean I guess 1500 is optimal as far as the science but honestly how much of a difference you would see from 800 to 1500 in veg is prolly negligable, just my opinion , no evidence . I just hate filling tanks so often and I don't like running gas lines into grows. Are you using tanks or burners?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Aside from the last couple weeks of flower, running co2 up to 1200 ppm will never hurt any plants or have a negative impact... no matter what their state of growth. But think of it this way, if a plant is not already established and in prime health in a dialed environment, the plant simply will not benefit from the supplemental co2. Once a plant is healthy and established, it will utilize the supp. co2.

But to simplify, supplemental co2 in veg is a great thing :D

this is good news because it saves me the extra costs of having to vent rooms initally. money is tight, as i ran over budget. check out my new thread "MY breaking bad moment"

Yeah I would say the flower rec of 1500 if I remember is the point of diminishing returns. I mean I guess 1500 is optimal as far as the science but honestly how much of a difference you would see from 800 to 1500 in veg is prolly negligable, just my opinion , no evidence . I just hate filling tanks so often and I don't like running gas lines into grows. Are you using tanks or burners?

im pretty sure ill b running tanks, i was undecided untill recently.

confu

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

@texaskid is a huge fan of CO2 in veg,ive never tried it myself but if TK says it works i beleive it.I was in a room awhile back that was sealed but did exhaust/intake from flower into veg during lights out(not sure if it did during lights on?ill try to find out),owner said it brought CO2 into veg and fresh(veg room)air into flower when it was needed and he did not need to intake/exhaust to outside at all(residential area).

Bowski

Bowski

I run tanks, dont care for burners. heard a lot say it helps with bugs too... but to the point I use it in veg for sure.

Organica

Organica

Don't see how it would kill bugs unless you cranked it to 10,000 ppm for an hour or two to wipe em out. Is that what you mean by helping with bugs?

T

toquer

Don't see how it would kill bugs unless you cranked it to 10,000 ppm for an hour or two to wipe em out. Is that what you mean by helping with bugs?
If you think about this for two seconds and do some math. 10,000ppm is 1%. Nothing will die when you increase the atmospheric co2 levels to that level.

Organica

Organica

Yea never tried it but I'm sure you've heard the same at some point in the game. What deals with bugs is prevention and cleanliness lol

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
@Confuten1
Yo Bro IMVHO run Co2 in the Veg room, For a couple reasons, 1 so you can run a sealed room and not have to phuk with all that dumb shit, In n Out, Ducts, vents, blah blah blah, Secondly, your girls will be used to it, and they will pump harder, grow harder, Drink more, They will run like Thoroughbred's Brother, I run mine at 800. Flower rooms at 1500.
They go from sealed, Co2 room to sealed Co2 room, No Stress, Transition is everything bro! you know the rules!! If you dont get out of the hole right, your chasing your tail the whole run!
KISS!!

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
If you think about this for two seconds and do some math. 10,000ppm is 1%. Nothing will die when you increase the atmospheric co2 levels to that level.

But it's enough to make you pass out. :dead: lol A good number of human beings would feel almost "drunk". None of us would be in a room with those levels though.

Plants love Co2 every step of the way. Veg plants should be (but don't need to be) acclimated if your flowering in Co2 enriched rooms. As GoD mentioned it makes the plants totally adjusted and ready to grow right from the flip; 800 ppm is great. Happy plants make happy farmers.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
@Confuten1
Yo Bro IMVHO run Co2 in the Veg room, For a couple reasons, 1 so you can run a sealed room and not have to phuk with all that dumb shit, In n Out, Ducts, vents, blah blah blah, Secondly, your girls will be used to it, and they will pump harder, grow harder, Drink more, They will run like Thoroughbred's Brother, I run mine at 800. Flower rooms at 1500.
They go from sealed, Co2 room to sealed Co2 room, No Stress, Transition is everything bro! you know the rules!! If you dont get out of the hole right, your chasing your tail the whole run!
KISS!!

your right bro, ill be running C02 in veg n flower, thnx homie @Garden of Dreams

confu

dwood

dwood

Running Co2 in veg is alright. We have Co2 in our natural air. Enhancing the air bit in veg will help them grow faster. I have done it several times and seen excellent results. However, if you are going to run a separate tank for veg, I would try the Exhale bags. They increase the Co2 content of air by 150 to 200 ppm and they last for six months plus they work 24/7. Yes I know you do not need Co2 during lights off.
Currently I place four in my flowering room and two in my veg area. I also use a tank in my flowering room which is regulated by a Co2 controller. Since the bags are working day and night it helps reduce the tank usage not by much. But it also gives me time to go and get another tank and still have a increase of C02 between 600 and 800 ppm.

Iamhorse

Iamhorse

Has anyone achieved tight hard buds using co2? The comments above, consistent with other sources, appear to indicate loose, fluffy buds. How big of a concern is this?

Does it also increase the leaf to bud ratio?

Thanks in advance.

dwood

dwood

you will get fluffy buds if the co2 isn't consistent. you will also get fluffy buds if your lighting isn't good. I don't think it increases the leaf to bud ratio. I believe that's genetics

Latest posts

Top Bottom