Co2 generator for large greenhouse

• Thread starter Cannanugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Hey, I'm looking to pick up a burner or two for my greenhouse. I've only been able to find 2 LP co2 generators that would seem to be sufficient. One is the Green Air Products and the other is made by Johnson.

The area is 35' x 75' with 15' roof.

Anyone who can help me make a decision??? I'm looking for the biggest one i can get. I'm not opposed to buying a few if need be though.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I think better to have a few smaller spread throughout. Better distribution and repetitivness in case of break downs.

B

BoCo Buds

iGS 24,000 btu burner... CAP makes one... GAP... also, look for any LP heater... just add up the burners/ratings. That's all they are... open pilot flames/burners.

if in CO, got a brand new iGS LP tank for sale... ;-)

A. Muse

A. Muse

What BoCo said^^^. Workshop-style heaters often have heat exchangers and fans to distribute the 'exhaust' heat. Modified so that an outside air source is drawn across the exchanger and then exhausted outside your room, the exchanger/fan can be used to vent the heat created by the burners. The original heater exhaust contains CO2 and water vapor and can be distributed around your room as necessary.

These heaters are available in massive BTU output sizes. For a room your size, having a large fixed-mount propane tank and proper gas lines run would also be a bonus over lugging 100lb cylinders around.

J

Jalisco Kid

Get the johnson it is what I use. Look how much carbon it puts in the air. Not a pretty one from a hydro shop,just one made for the ag industry. JK

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Well... I would have opted for the johnson - however those guys are hard to reach for some reason... maybe just my luck that day??? I ended up going with a couple VCG 27 burners from Sentinel and also hooked up a on demand LP water heater to give a boost of co2 in the morning and heat my water to 68-70*. Seems to be working well now. PPM's stay up to 1500 until the afternoon when it must be vented to cool down.
All in all I'm pretty happy - definitely wish I would have been able to grab that johnson burner, but I'll rock what I have till we're done here. Thanks for the help ya'll!

Top Bottom