Co2 Generator Question

• Thread starter Cuervo Porrelli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

I made my own "DIY CO2 Generator" just a couple of minutes ago.

The ingredients I used are:
1 tsp of Yeast per/1 tsp of Warm H2O
1 cup of sugar + 1 cup of H2O

Okay, I have one 16oz. bottle for the main which holds the mixture and a smaller sized Gatorade bottle which holds water so that the alcohol and 'whatever' components are diffused from the CO2.

Right now the main bottle is producing a bubble into the H2O bottle every 1-3 seconds.. which means that's a grip of bubbles per hour. Is this too much for my plants that are only seedlings?

Bannacis

Bannacis

unless you have a 5 gallon bucket mixture thats pumping out some serious co2, you will be ok for your seedlings,
but i usually don't start co2 for seedlings, unless your set up is small and air tight.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

alright thanks. It's a small set up, I put the seeds in a small box that fits a 24in flourescent light inside, hopefully it'll help get the seeds going.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Seeds? co2 wont help seeds to sprout... and if you have any fresh air going into your grow box, that is enough (co2) enriched air
for them untill they are couple weeks along.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Actually they were sprouted just enough for the seed shells to come off. But you're right, that's probably too much co2 for such young seedlings. I'll hold off with the co2 for later, 1 more week, and then add it to the 2 week old seedlings. I'm also using transplant fertilizer so that might be too much if I'm adding co2 so early. Thanks for the info/.

Bannacis

Bannacis

right on... remember keep it simple, give her love, but let her think she's boss and soon she'll
blossom to a sweet young thang...;)

Top Bottom