Co2 Generator - Smell Inside The Room

• Thread starter MSH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MSH

MSH

I just set up my co2 burner and the rooms smell has changed, I've double checked for gas leaks and there are none. I'm not sure if I'm smelling pure propane (doubt it since I've checked for leaks) or just regular burned propane. So what kind of smell is "normal" when using a burner?

MSH

MSH

Yeah I figured that there will be some smell coming off the burners but it bugs me not knowing if the smell in my room is the right one or now - like I said I double checked for leaks and found none!

What should my next move be?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

did you do a bubble test to check for leaks?

burners do give off a smell...I run mine in a vented room (scheduled air changes) to combat any offgassing or byproducts of the burn from building up. I've heard horror stories especially with propane.

MSH

MSH

Mine is vented also - yes I sprayed everything with soapy water and no bubbles.

I do own a propane gas sensor alarm that I was going to set up outside the room, I'll see if it goes off when connected inside the room.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Is it Brand new burner ??? usually one should burn it out side when starting it up for the first time due to dust and metal smells from initial burn paints etc just like a BBQ you just do not put one together turn it on then throw on a steak run it on high and burn or score the fuck out of the porcilain or what ever

Latest posts

Top Bottom