Co2 Help Large Room (1,000 Sq Ft, 15,000 Cu Ft)

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

I have 2 CO2 lines coming to the room but I have little experience with a room this size.

Questions:
1. Most CO2 tank and gas suppliers spec stuff in pounds of CO2 and flow rates are usually discussed in cu ft. I am unsure how much CO2 per day a room this size will require and what tank size I need to make it so I don't have to refill super often. Tank size?

2. Are two supply lines enough for a room this size?

3. For each outlet I just need a controller and a regulator?

4. Since CO2 is heavier than the atmosphere, where is the best place to have the output of the regulator located? Above the plants near the ceiling? we have lots of fans oscillating (8) but is that enough to keep the air stirred and the CO2 from settling to the floor?

Thanks in Advance,

Dee

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

A burner may be better than a tank for that size room. I place my co2 lines behind my fans to distribute gas.

DGP

DGP

A burner may be better than a tank for that size room. I place my co2 lines behind my fans to distribute gas.

Eventually this site will add rooms (modular) so will a burner system be most economical when I go from one room to two and eventually even 10? I am considering a big commercial Dewar tank because we have a pad for one and we have the budget for it (trying to plan ahead). I am a lighting engineer but being asked to do things outside my skill set:).

Thanks!

Dee

DGP

DGP

Thinking about an outside (pad mounted) Dewer like this only possibly bigger:

S l1000

stonestacker

stonestacker

I remember @Texas Kid talking about bulk co2 how it was cheaper that way. But I can't find it anymore. Then you wouldn't have the heat of a burner to offset.

P

PharmHand

30 lights in that space will go thru a 50# tank in about a week during peak growth if your room is reasonably sealed. Liquid co2 is a great option, if you’re legit, since you need a lift gate or forklift to get it off the truck. They’re about a 5k deposit for the tank depending on size. A single regulator/line shooting into your return air on your handler should suffice. A line heater will prevent freeze ups, sunlight has them. You can plumb multiple regulators off the one tank in future if you build more rooms

DGP

DGP

30 lights in that space will go thru a 50# tank in about a week during peak growth if your room is reasonably sealed. Liquid co2 is a great option, if you’re legit, since you need a lift gate or forklift to get it off the truck. They’re about a 5k deposit for the tank depending on size. A single regulator/line shooting into your return air on your handler should suffice. A line heater will prevent freeze ups, sunlight has them. You can plumb multiple regulators off the one tank in future if you build more rooms

Thanks! Yes, the site is legit/licensed. We have a delivery/fill service available I just don't want them to have to come too often, our site is in what I would call the "outback", a place where you might not see another human for days. The advice on an line heater is well taken because night time temps outside can go as low as -40.

Dee

Top Bottom