Co2 Help

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

Hi,Im getting a co2 unit but i need some info on it.How long each day do i leave the co2 on for? for veg and flowering

Cheers

B

Bobby Smith

You need to figure out the cubic footage of your grow area, the CO2 output of your unit, and then it's some pretty easy math (ignoring CO2 uptake differences between plants, which is kinda big to ignore, IMO).

Or buy an atmospheric controller and set it and forget it.

I'd pick "B", but it's your call.

And as far as whether or not to run it in veg, that's your call - but you're certainly going to be running it for flowering.

And only run it when the lights are on in flowering - plants don't need it at night.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

If you buy a decent unit, it will have instructions in it on how to compute cubic ft and rate of delivery, etc. Atmospheric controllers rule- once they're set up and you can learn to trust the unit you bought. I have learned the hard way that there's no truly automatic garden...LOL.

M

markkelly

Thanks for your replys.im looking to buy a co2 system with a timer. how long each day would i have to keep the co2 on for?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I run mine for 15 minutes each hour the lights are on. I calculated the cubic ftg of my bloom room and I am shooting for about 1500 ppm. Testing kits are available, when I used one I got 1600 ppm- 15 minutes after the switch shut off. I figure that's about right. It'll be down to 1000 or less by the time it opens back up.

L

Lungus

Mine is set to give a 45 sec burst once every two minutes but I'm in a grow box so the ppm's rise and fall quite quickly so shorter more frequent bursts keep it in the butter zone.

M

markkelly

Thanks for your replys iv got a tent the size is 1.2m by 1.2 metres and 2 metres high,with 80 girls,what would you recommend for that?

Cheers

Top Bottom