Co2 Help

• Thread starter Poor dirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Poor dirt

Poor dirt

hey guys quick question ... here’s the scoop
I’m just fireing up a new tent and will be introducing co2 to it ... my question is with co2 do you dump air/bring in fresh air ? If so based on RH? TEMP? BOTH? Or do you just keep it sealed and view the fresh air added from tending to the plants as enough? And if your using RH or temp to vent air what controller are you using to do so? New to the whole co2 aspect/sealed aspect of it so any info is greatly appreciated

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I’m just fireing up a new tent and will be introducing co2 to it ... my question is with co2 do you dump air/bring in fresh air ? If so based on RH? TEMP? BOTH? Or do you just keep it sealed and view the fresh air added from tending to the plants as enough? And if your using RH or temp to vent air what controller are you using to do so? New to the whole co2 aspect/sealed aspect of it so any info is greatly appreciated

I just started with CO2 in my grow. I have my intakes open all the time and running my exhaust fan 24 hours a day. Because I lack a controller I just try and keep PPM @ ~1200, I do this by doing some simple math and then adjusting my regulator to the correct pressure. I disperse some CO2 first 15 mins of every hour lights are on.

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

I just started with CO2 in my grow. I have my intakes open all the time and running my exhaust fan 24 hours a day. Because I lack a controller I just try and keep PPM @ ~1200, I do this by doing some simple math and then adjusting my regulator to the correct pressure. I disperse some CO2 first 15 mins of every hour lights are on.
Hey man wouldent that defeat the purpose c02 if your venting 24/7?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been running gas for almost 4yrs. I would never ever do an air exchange or exhaust my plants precious co2 enriched air.

With a tent, your going to leak co2 like crazy. Depending on size of tent and ppm, you may go thru a bottle a week. BUT, even a bottle a week (20.00 a refill), x 8 weeks (160.00 in gas per run). 1 oz will cover gas costs.

As far as a controller. I have use or currently own a blueprint bdac2 or autopilot master green house controller. Both fuzzy logic, both exact copies of each other. I set temps, rh, and co2 settings weekly.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I've been running gas for almost 4yrs. I would never ever do an air exchange or exhaust my plants precious co2 enriched air.

With a tent, your going to leak co2 like crazy. Depending on size of tent and ppm, you may go thru a bottle a week. BUT, even a bottle a week (20.00 a refill), x 8 weeks (160.00 in gas per run). 1 oz will cover gas costs.

As far as a controller. I have use or currently own a blueprint bdac2 or autopilot master green house controller. Both fuzzy logic, both exact copies of each other. I set temps, rh, and co2 settings weekly.

So how often do you exhaust? What's your schedule look like?

G gnome

G gnome

Thats a huge waste of money.

G gnome

G gnome

My priorities wud go like this....get out of a tent and into a sealed rm, get an air conditioner and then co2

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Thats a huge waste of money.

Yeah, did some more reading and seeing the error in my setup. I'll likely run exhaust during lights out and then during the hottest 2 hours of the day during lights up, and leave it off the rest of the time.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

If you run a co2 room, there is no need to exhaust. Why would ya? You want your room to be enriched all the time. Or your wasting gas

There are still viable reasons to run exhaust, such as clearing out built up the heat in a non-AC/sealed room grow such as my own during peak heat hours. Running it how I was running it was a waste though.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

To clarify, by "non-AC/sealed room" I meant a grow space that is neither "sealed" or has an AC controlling its environment. So not what I think you walked away from my last response with. ;)

907debow1234

907debow1234

Just my 2 cents... snag a thermostat switch or some kind of device to kick on when temps hit to high....
I've got several over the years an the cheap ones work just fine with my hurricane. Helps huge. Once I hit 83 cranks on an drops temps to 76ish...then turns itself off... A must have.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Those temps are too low (76) for a co2 room. Minus the last 2 weeks if you practice the "autumn off" tek.

A sealed co2 room should consist and set up like tbis.

Scrubber scrubbing room air only

No intake or exhaust, unless on a timer for lights off usage

A.c. is a must!

Deheumidifier will also be needed

If using a.c. hoods, wrap the duct work with saran wrap to fully seal up any waeknpoints in the sealed room.

G gnome

G gnome

Those temps are too low (76) for a co2 room. Minus the last 2 weeks if you practice the "autumn off" tek.

A sealed co2 room should consist and set up like tbis.

Scrubber scrubbing room air only

No intake or exhaust, unless on a timer for lights off usage

A.c. is a must!

Deheumidifier will also be needed

If using a.c. hoods, wrap the duct work with saran wrap to fully seal up any waeknpoints in the sealed room.

I agree w everything other than 76 being too low....reason i say this is not only from what ive read which says u CAN run higher temps when usin co2. Not u SHOULD run higher temps. But, also from yrs of experience runnin my rm at 75-77 w co2 at optimal levels.....

That and the saran wrap thing....haha not sure i agree w that one lol....leave the saran wrap in the kitchen!!!!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Duct work used for hvac uses have many pin holed in them. Not wrapping them causes the a.c. hood fans to pull some enriched co2 air from the room. Wrapping duct work sealed off any and all pin holes. I found this out after 8 hrs and I found my room being imploded almost. Wrapped up the ducting, no more imploding room.

G gnome

G gnome

Duct work used for hvac uses have many pin holed in them. Not wrapping them causes the a.c. hood fans to pull some enriched co2 air from the room. Wrapping duct work sealed off any and all pin holes. I found this out after 8 hrs and I found my room being imploded almost. Wrapped up the ducting, no more imploding room.
Ive always used rigid ducting where i can. Less drag too

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Jeeeez !! Was not expecting all these reply’s ! Thanks!! Yeah I made another post about AC ...so im running a 5x9 veg tent and a 4x8 flower tent All in a sealed room .. I’m looking to just add co2 to the flower tent .. I realize ac is a must lol im running 2kw ac hoods in the 4x8 tent so I realize I’ll be combating heat lol I’m going to be switching to cob after this run .. so hopefully the heat won’t be horrible then ... anyways ... bringing ac into the tent ... portable unit ? Any way to duct off of a portable unit so I can have the ac out side of the tent blowing into the tent ? That way I’m not pulling the co2 air through the ac just dumping cold air in ? But then if I do that I feel like it’s still going to be pushing air out somewhere or gonna blow up like a ballon if it’s truly sealed LOL I’m sure I’m overthinking this lol anyone care to elaborate or possible post some pics of their tent with ac ‍♂️ Thanks all this page rocks for info

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20170530 192729

Top Bottom