Co2 + high temps = better results question

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

Alright, I read that to get the full benefit of co2 @ 1500 ppm you need to bump temps up to upper 80s, even seen some claims of 90-95.

My question is, would that not open your buds up a little? Heat causes the calyxes to spread out, so would you have big weight, but fluffy buds?

I run 1500 ppm but I try to keep my temps in the 80-83 range.

Looking for experienced input, thanks

NW

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

You will get super dense fox tailing above 85* IME. Nothing fluffy will come out of a room at 1500ppms. Unless its a super fluffy strain.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I've ran 90 with 1500 and if you can't keep up the feed your gonna run into allllll kinds of issues. I'd imagine the best way would be hydro because with soil I ran into a bunch of issues. Really need fuzzy logic to keep them ranges ideal

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

You gotta bump alllllll your inputs when your running at 1500ppms. Food, RH, temp. IMO this is the perfect balance - 1200ppms, 83*, 70%rh. When you find the perfect balance your growth will increase by 30%, so your food needs to be bumped up by 30% too.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Right Walter, it's nice with a fuzzy just to input numbers and click buttons. I had terrible results because I didn't follow that curve

I was running 90, 60 1500 and was for sure drying out, so I ran 90 75 1500 for awhile as well. Now I run 80 60 1200 and fall into that balance and time
Schedual well in my life

deathband

deathband

I was running at 90 with a/c on con at 1300 ppm and was having shit grows , ran room at 78 lights on 69 lights off , and off 10 plants total weight was 104 oz so keep trying to u get it right for the strains u r running

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I was running at 90 with a/c on con at 1300 ppm and was having shit grows , ran room at 78 lights on 69 lights off , and off 10 plants total weight was 104 oz so keep trying to u get it right for the strains u r running
What was your RH? When you were running at 90?

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I have always had better results running CO2 and temps in the low to mid 80's (82-85 is what I shot for). I have tried running my rooms at lower temps (75ish) and have always had better results when I had higher temps.

My RH is usually right around 50-60% during lights on also.

deathband

deathband

My rh runs in flower round 45 to 60 but for my strains even with con I need to be round 78 to 80 when lights on

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

As temps increase your plant will use more water and if you up your nutes too much you will burn your plants. It is true that with CO2 you can feed more but if your temps get up in the 90's you can burn the shit out of them too so just be careful of that.
When it comes to feeding more or less I usually let my plants tell me what they want. I check my PPM of the reservoir daily. If the PPM is on the rise I know that my plants are drinking more water and probably don't need more food then but if they PPM decreases I know they can take more food.

Top Bottom