Co2 in grow room high

• Thread starter MArs78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It depends on the time of day… overnight co2 elevates as plant respiration continues (produces o2) and photosynthesis (uses co2) stops.

Just before lights on you may uave 2500ppm of co2 or higher depending on overall room size to plant size and number.

In a basement its very common to aee over 1000ppm.

Tldr: the time of day you measure co2 is important. It will spike overnight

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

I see some people saying essentially that it's bad if it is 1500 all the time. To me.. that just sounds like free CO2! :) I wouldn't want to change it, that's perfect! I wouldn't of had to buy a tank, regulator, friggen other equipmenttt.. etc etc. I mean.. isn't 1500 the ppm of CO2 you want to keep all the time in your room?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I see some people saying essentially that it's bad if it is 1500 all the time. To me.. that just sounds like free CO2! :) I wouldn't want to change it, that's perfect! I wouldn't of had to buy a tank, regulator, friggen other equipmenttt.. etc etc. I mean.. isn't 1500 the ppm of CO2 you want to keep all the time in your room?
Not bad persay, but not normal.

The question for me is why, and what else is in there besides what is being measured? Carbon Monoxide maybe? If so = very bad.

MArs78

MArs78

Are you in soil? Microbes in soil produce a lot of co2 when you add nutrition to the mix. They break down nutrients and expel CO2 to the levels you are talking about if not more depending how rich your soil is. Soil microbes can produce 10,000 ppm at the root level with high NPK mixes or fields.
I use rock wool.

MArs78

MArs78

Not bad persay, but not normal.

The question for me is why, and what else is in there besides what is being measured? Carbon Monoxide maybe? If so = very bad.
Right outside the grow room there is a refrigerator, washer, dryer.

MArs78

MArs78

I’m with you on that. The co2 did decrease once I pumped air from outside with a in-line fan. I mean it’s a small area and outside the grow room there is a refrigerator, a washer and dryer and tankless water heater which has a pilot.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Ok so like.. the only thing I can think of for your situation is.. just turn on your exhaust to vent it all out 1 hour before lights off. Because the CO2 will spike at night, plus.. they ain't gonna be able to use it. And also.. turn the exhaust on in the morning for 1 hour.. to vent out all the spike CO2 from the previous night. And then now.. BOOM! You sir just got free CO2! I'm envious lol

Top Bottom