CO2 Monitoring in small tent

• Thread starter RareFysh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RareFysh

I've got a 2x3 tent that I'm going to be using an Exhale 365 CO2 bag in. Should I be monitoring my levels or does the bag put out a passive level of CO2? Its sealed tight and got a inline out, no in.

P

PahPahCee

Can you return the co2 bag? They’ve a complete waste of your money. You should try to have some sort of monitor but Even if the room was too high in c02 or too low of co2 - you can’t turn it on or off.

If you must run c02 I would try using a tea candle. A lot cheaper. A co2 tank and controller is the ideal set up. Adding C02 not necessary at all to grow fire. If your grow tent is in your living space they you most likely are already operating at high levels of C02.

simonkay

simonkay

Can you return the co2 bag? They’ve a complete waste of your money. You should try to have some sort of monitor but Even if the room was too high in c02 or too low of co2 - you can’t turn it on or off.

If you must run c02 I would try using a tea candle. A lot cheaper. A co2 tank and controller is the ideal set up. Adding C02 not necessary at all to grow fire. If your grow tent is in your living space they you most likely are already operating at high levels of C02.
Can i ask what a co2 tank set up needs exactly is it just 1: tank 2: regulator 3: co2 monitor to watch levels?
Im tryna get one in at the last second and would appreciate a basic overview.
Tia ✌️🙏

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I have a CO2 monitor in my lung room. It says the CO2 is 591 PPM in there as I write this.

P

PahPahCee

Can i ask what a co2 tank set up needs exactly is it just 1: tank 2: regulator 3: co2 monitor to watch levels?
Im tryna get one in at the last second and would appreciate a basic overview.
Tia ✌️🙏
Yeah that is all you need. Two tanks is ideal so you can swap them out.

The hard part is making your room sealed. You need to seal everything up. No extraction fan. The only ac that is worth your effort is a mini split. Can a window unit work? Yes, but it’s still going to leak at least 15% of its air out the back.

You will not notice any gains if you don’t have the rest of your grow 100% dialed in.

Lastly, most people don’t realize how high of co2 their environment already is. If you have a few people living near the grow it probably is already in a good rich environment.

simonkay

simonkay

Yeah that is all you need. Two tanks is ideal so you can swap them out.

The hard part is making your room sealed. You need to seal everything up. No extraction fan. The only ac that is worth your effort is a mini split. Can a window unit work? Yes, but it’s still going to leak at least 15% of its air out the back.

You will not notice any gains if you don’t have the rest of your grow 100% dialed in.

Lastly, most people don’t realize how high of co2 their environment already is. If you have a few people living near the grow it probably is already in a good rich environment.
Perfect I'll buy a co2 monitor 1st, silly question but can i use any tank for filling co2, eg a propane tank for cooking or is a very specific?
And yes i have a window ac but guess ill have to take a hit, luckily im only growing 6 plants with a bunch of small chilli plants and herbs so i don't think ill need to pump too much in the room

P

PahPahCee

There are two ways to go about it. You can refill the canister or you can exchange the canister. Hydro stores will do the exchange program. Probably run you around $15-20 to exchange. They use aluminum tanks in #20 or larger.

You can use steel tanks and get them refilled at welding stores. Make sure your steel tank is within inspection date. (Hydro stores don’t check the aluminum tanks).

There are people who open up window ac’s and seal them up to make them more efficient. I’d look for one of those threads.

P

PahPahCee

I also forgot about c02 generators. They can run off of natural gas or propane. Probably your cheapest option. They create heat so if you’re in a small space then it’s not viable.

Issues people have with generators are there no where near as safe as a tank of co2. People have had scary experiences with accidentally poisoning the air via burners becoming defective. But it’s a hell of a lot cheaper. I probably would consider a generator personally if I had a larger space.

Oh and I have 3 20# tanks and a controller. I do NOT use them at all. It feels unnecessary. If I was growing for decades and can prove my yields went up 20% then okay sure. I’m not there yet.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
After you get the monitor you'll probably see CO2 is nothing to be concerned about and nothing xtra you need to buy. Usually only very large gardens need a CO2 supplement. I agree those gas bags are a waste of money.
You and your pets and spouse or people living with you generally produce more than enough and will get you well above the minimum 300ppm up into the 500-700ppm range depending on home size. If you have any gas appliances in the home it will skyrocket into the 1200-2000ppm range when that appliance is on even if the room with the tent has it's door shut and the tent zipped up.

simonkay

simonkay

Thanks guys appreciate the info. Im growing near the equator so temps are regularly 30°C so burners out the question. Im just gonna buy a small tank w/ regulator and see as i want to protect my plants in the heat and give it a short veg , i heard co2 helps mature the plant quicker as well as adding weight but if it protects from the heat it takes a load off my AC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom