co2 or not to co2

• Thread starter SmOkEtAsTiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmOkEtAsTiC

I was also wondering if co2 is a must in a grow room or could just a good pure oscallating fan do the job with good ventilation. 400 watt mh 600 watt hps room size 56"x56"x79" thanks:rock

B

bluegrass

Im sure it will bump yields some, I would do it if I could afford it but right now passive ventilation will have to work! get it if you can fuck it!

I

Indie

co2..... will in most cases, always help your yield. I have been told up to 30% more. So....Yes, 1800 PPM is the max saturation level. But you will always want to start low and work your way up, with the amount.

H

HolliHerb

co2 has many benefits. Most pests hates a enriched co2 environment and will not thrive. This goes for molds as well. But being that you want to add co2. That means you'll probably have a sealed room. So keep in mind humidity control and cooling (ac). If it's a smaller room you can look into co2 tank set ups as burners will probably overheat the space or overwork your ac. 18000ppm is the max saturation level as Indie said. But any higher than the usual and you will see benefits.

S

Shaggy

Co2 certainly can take your grow to the next level... but it is not a necessity and IMHO should be left untill you have your room dialed in as best you can

M

mrdjk5

hi ,, all

ive been looking at doing c02 in grow room dont no enuff about it yet
a mate of mine uses co2 tablets crused up in a bowl in the room do disolve ,, is that effective
???? do they work in that way or is it point less

thanks farmers

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
is that effective
???? do they work in that way or is it point less
The tabs are a waste IMO.

I'm with shaggy on this CO2 is only worth it once the room and strains are dialed. It's too expensive if not maximized and return on investment will suffer.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I'm with shaggy and h-man on this one. There is no denying the benefits of added CO2 but there is a cost benefit ratio you have to look at because purchasing a system and operating it are both expensive ventures.

I have 2 CO2 systems, well got pissed and tossed one, so I still have one Gen 1 natural gas fired generator sitting in my shop. It's gonna stay right there until I get this system dialed in then I will have to revamp the entire system to accomodate an AC unit and closed ventilation.

Running CO2 is worth it but and this is a big BUT, it's expensive and complicated to make it work correctly and efficiently. IMHO

jj

P

ProGroWannabe

Hey guys, remember this forum is for FORUM Help, Suggestions, and Feedback. Please post general grow questions in one of the Growing Forums, or Grow Room Design and Equipment.

Not tryin to bust balls here, but Logic just made an announcement on this at the top of this forum.

JH420

JH420

I'm with shaggy and h-man on this one. There is no denying the benefits of added CO2 but there is a cost benefit ratio you have to look at because purchasing a system and operating it are both expensive ventures.

I have 2 CO2 systems, well got pissed and tossed one, so I still have one Gen 1 natural gas fired generator sitting in my shop. It's gonna stay right there until I get this system dialed in then I will have to revamp the entire system to accomodate an AC unit and closed ventilation.

Running CO2 is worth it but and this is a big BUT, it's expensive and complicated to make it work correctly and efficiently. IMHO

jj

Why did you toss one? What is so complex about a sealed room? It seems to me that you don't vent or intake so that makes things a bit simpler. The plants go through more nutes and water so you gots to be on top of that, so that is a bit more work. A burner raises room temp but you can use co2 with higher room temps so that doesn't seem a huge issue. But as a newbie I don't see what's so complex about it, please enlighten me. I plan to use a burner/nat gas for my first grow in a 9 x 9 room...venting outdoors is not an option so I'm sold on the sealed room design.

O

OSwiZzLe

do any of u cut off your C02 2-3 weeks b4 harvest? It effects the quality if u run it all the way through

D

Donk Frog

do any of u cut off your C02 2-3 weeks b4 harvest? It effects the quality if u run it all the way through

Sorry there pal but running co2 right through does NOT effect quality....where did you hear that anyway?:nerd

O

OSwiZzLe

it fucks with essential oils and terrapenes......do some research Froggy....reading is an amazing talent to have:evilgrin

C

CannaCure

Yes running co2 will increase yields with co2 u can run higher temps 82-85 is ideal.. keep those res temp down..

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I always cut the c02 the last couple weeks when I drop the temps back down to 73-75 degrees makes for better smelling herb imo. Once you run a sealed room you wonder why you didnt do it before Its the easiest system to work with.

N

northern monsta

HEY ALL im finished on my sealed room, sealed lights ect will a dehumidifier have a huge affect on a sealed room tempreture or am i going to need a ac ive been running test runs with 4 x 600w, 2 rows of 2 and temps been at 22.8 max and my fan heater was set so the room never went below 20 degrees will a dehumidifier take the temps way past my desired temps im also injecting co2 hate to hijack but while every1 is on the subject, that means will a dehumidifier raise the room temp more than 8 degrees?

Top Bottom