co2 or not to co2

• Thread starter SmOkEtAsTiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmOkEtAsTiC

Was just wondering if co2 is a must in a grow room or could just a good pure oscallating fan with good ventilation do the job! (Also heard it lowers potency) 400 watt mh 600 watt hps room size 56"x56"x79 thanks!:rock

H

HolliHerb

co2 has many benefits. Most pests hates a enriched co2 environment and will not thrive. This goes for molds as well. But being that you want to add co2. That means you'll probably have a sealed room. So keep in mind humidity control and cooling (ac). If it's a smaller room you can look into co2 tank set ups as burners will probably overheat the space or overwork your ac. 1800ppm is the max saturation level as Indie said. But any higher than the usual and you will see benefits.

You should PM Logic and ask him to remove the thread in the help suggestion area. Please get familiarize with the forum. Check out the FAQ

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
18000 ppms will kill your plants and probably you also. I have ran co2 for years and I have never seen it help with pests or mold either.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I think co2 helps 100% when everything else is dialed in correct. I wouldnt trade mine in for nothing but a cooled one.

H

HolliHerb

if you didn't see co2 making it harder for pest to live and you currently have pest or mold, than something else is wrong. I have found that plants not resistant to mold fending off mold better in a co2 enriched environment.

and I didn't mean 18,000 ppm i meant 1800. :headbang

Monkfish

Monkfish

im interested in hearing more guys' with the exception of some homebrew co 2 production in small cab grows many years back, im now thinking of throwing a few quid at gas as i can dial in the numbers with the assortment of equipment i've acumilated over the years.......Come on guys give it to the monk for real:evilgrin my figs are above .7 on most occassions' would the gas benefit on cost and application to show substantial yeild.

thx in advance.....Monkf:rock

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

CO2 also affects the morphology of the plants making them sturdier and produce denser and more proliferate bud sites. With the proper temperature, humidity, ventilation, nutrient concentration, and CO2 enrichment, one can expect to get at least 75% more bud sites and weight gain than without these factors.
|The Kind Man|
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

Top Bottom