CO2 Pest Purge in Sealed Room

• Thread starter Reebs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reebs

Reebs

Hey guys,

i was just reading that if your using a CO2 tank system, you can increase the PPM to 10,000 for 1 hour to kill off any pests. Spider Mites in particular.

Since my room is sealed, my only question is once i pump that much CO2 into the room will i have to open the door and put a window box fan to exhaust some of the CO2? Or will i be alright just not pumping any more in for a few hours or even the rest of that day?

I tried searching for my answer for sealed rooms specifically but all i came up with was that increased levels of CO2 can burn foliage or cause stunted growth, which i obviously don't want.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I don't have a complete answer, but I do know that it is only advisable to do in the dark cycle, so that the plants aren't going to be using the co2. And then yes, before the lights come back on check the level of co2 and exhaust if needed.

Cort

Cort

I have never tried it, but the scuttlebutt is that its ineffective at best.

Reebs

Reebs

lol glad i asked, 2 peoples input saying "No" is good enough for me!

thanks guys

Cort

Cort

Give it some time. there are way smarter people than me around.

ttystikk

ttystikk

IMHO, this one is bullshit, a myth creeping around for years that sounds just plausible.

I've tried it, more than once, and I'm damn sure I got over 10000ppm. I noticed exactly no difference whatever.

Use CO² for the plants, and use good quality insecticides- ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS- and repeat at their suggested intervals.

Top Bottom