CO2 tanks not lasting long :-( Help!!!!

• Thread starter budbrothers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

Too much CO2 can be as toxic to plants as it is to humans.

That being said, some simple math should get you to a reasonable number of PPMs without too much fuss if you have a short cycle timer and a good regulator.

B

budbrothers

Too much CO2 can be as toxic to plants as it is to humans.

That being said, some simple math should get you to a reasonable number of PPMs without too much fuss if you have a short cycle timer and a good regulator.

ya i did that with the cubic feet in my room and the increase numbers yadda yadda yadda. it came out to set my regulator to 4.2 ish. something like that. i did that and my plants seem to be healthier and happier without it.

what level of CO2 is it toxic at?

B

Bobby Smith

Pretty much anything above 2000PPMs is where it starts to be "too much of a good thing".

B

budbrothers

ok i need to go to the lgs and pick up some co2 test syringes.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Just a heads up. Sounds like yalls rooms have leaks. At 1400ppm in my 12 x 15 x 10 a tank of propane will last me about a month. Running a gen 2 with 2 burners.

If you are not running a controller you might as well ditch the tanks. You will waste way more money filling and exchanging tanks then shelling out 300-700 bucks for a good controller. Big rooms run a gen. Takes the hassle out of the hassle.

I run a 8 burner gen3 in a 20x20x10 at 1600 ppms.

How long is a tank of propane supposed to last in full flower?

B

budbrothers

from what i am hearing your tank will prob last you only 2weeks give or take a couple days. if i where you i would go to costco or sams club and pick up a couple tanks. 23.00 each and just swap them out. i think an exchange is only 16-18 bux

B

Buddy Hemphill

I dont see how one tank can last 2 weeks in bloom. Mine is good for 4-5 days tops....late in flower, that is. I never really check in veg...it lasts forever though.

No major leaks in the room that would cut the efficiency in half...hmm.

Anybody run a 8 flame burner in a spot this size?... 20x20x10..

How long does a propane tank last for you, late in flower?

B

budbrothers

no bro your probably right. if you have a room that size do you have gas hook up at the house or is it somewhere where thats not available?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just be careful crankin the CO2 on plants that havent been chillin. Putting a normal plant strait into 1500ppm will shock the crap out of them if they are not established. Ramp it up gradually.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
What do I need for a 10 X 16 X 8 flower room?

fred

B

budbrothers

cemchris: i didn't see any problems when i turned the co2 on in the room on the first day of flowering.

fred i think a co2 generator would be your friend as well as mine. if you have a budget and its easy for you to take in and out a co2 tank then it will get the job done for a min. its just gonna be a bitch and cost you alot to refill every week

persiankid

persiankid

Whats good bro, I have been going through the CO2 tank bs too.. they drain waaaaay to quick!! I only need tanks in the summer because of the heat.. but just today i went up and hooked up my propane burners.. If I had natural gas where i'm at I would've gone that route but no dice! I run fuzzy logic controllers with 5 burner propane generators... go through about a bottle a week for each one but they're amazing.. especially in winter time where i'm at it helps with the cold.. cold what an amazing problem to have so much better than heat!

B

budbrothers

Whats good bro, I have been going through the CO2 tank bs too.. they drain waaaaay to quick!! I only need tanks in the summer because of the heat.. but just today i went up and hooked up my propane burners.. If I had natural gas where i'm at I would've gone that route but no dice! I run fuzzy logic controllers with 5 burner propane generators... go through about a bottle a week for each one but they're amazing.. especially in winter time where i'm at it helps with the cold.. cold what an amazing problem to have so much better than heat!

ya that is an amazing prob to have. i think i will have it too soon. ill see whats up. im in the snow here also.

B

Bobby Smith

You shouldn't run fuzzy logic with generators - that setting is designed for tanked CO2.

Your controller should have a "generator" setting - that will be more efficient and accurate.

Top Bottom