co2 to control ph

• Thread starter t.o.med
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
t.o.med

t.o.med

aquarium people use co2 to control the ph in there tanks. they have fish and plants that need oxygen. you can get a co2 ph controller for $250. is there a reason this wouldnt work for us.

Co2 to control ph
H

HypnoToad

you can make a DIY one even cheaper. Here's a link for some useful info on that.

http://www.thekrib.com/

On a side note, some people also use carbonated water to feed their plants (not foliar spray). I wonder if they ever checked the PH? The reason I point this out is because it may have a beneficial side effect with your plants.

Lastly, you can also chemically oxygenate your plants with "The Oxydator", which is also for aquariums. Hope some of this helps.

HT

R

Rolln J

lol dont fish like oxygen too?

I know I saw something about this in another thread here...

t.o.med

t.o.med

most people who use co2 in their tank is for a planted aquarium, and fish can handle up to a certain amount of c02 like humans, concentrations for aquarium plant growth are within reason for most fish

whereas, c02 for ph in reservoir is too much risk, probably possible just not worth the risk

i know ive read that texas kid and a few others have their air pumps in adjacent room so co2 is not introduced to the root zone....

this is what i was thinking i was hoping someone might have some scientific reason why not. the same website sells a hanna ph controller for 135 and pump for another 100. this is what i will go with.

J

juhlova

bonsoir,
pensez vous qu il y ai une utilite d avoir un ph metre avec un controler co2?
why ph controller and co2 system are good for indoor growing? sorry for my question if its stupid ...

Top Bottom