CO2 use rate?

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I'm setting up a new room 8x12x10 or so in size. I've got the controller and valve but I've yet to buy a bottle. I was wondering how long a 20 lb bottle would last in a set up like this. I am doing my best to seal the room tight, including a motor operated inlet damper.

Any rough ideas from you folks that have done this before?

Oh, and where do you get your tanks filled and about what does it cost?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
rough idea: will last 7-10 days w 1000ppm
refilled at dro shop 20lb tank is $20.00

I got the dual tank setup, that way you got one to use while getting one refilled.

good luck

S

steelyeyes

Thanks. How big of a difference does the CO2 make in growth rates for you?

T

Tuco

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp

CO2 calculator. ^^ assume base 300 PPM for CO2 in Air standard... you want roughly 1500 PPM (hence why the calculator is auto set to 1200 PPM because 1200 + 300 = 1500 PPM)

I replace my CO2 every few weeks... it varies as some tanks have a slow leak and others dont. Tanks cost me like 10 bucks to refill (or exchange).

G

Gartner

I'm setting up a new room 8x12x10 or so in size. I've got the controller and valve but I've yet to buy a bottle. I was wondering how long a 20 lb bottle would last in a set up like this. I am doing my best to seal the room tight, including a motor operated inlet damper.

Any rough ideas from you folks that have done this before?

Oh, and where do you get your tanks filled and about what does it cost?

The level carbon dioxide can increase the growth speed to a great deal, perhaps even double it. It seems that the plant evolved in primordial times when natural CO2 levels were many times what they are today. The plant uses CO2 for photosynthesis to create sugars it uses to build plant tissues. Elevating the CO2 level will increase the Cannabis plants ability to manufacture these sugars and plant growth rate is enhanced considerably.

:harvest:

Top Bottom