CO2 vs fresh air set up dilemma

• Thread starter Resinable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Resinable

Resinable

If you had to chose between configuring an already set-up room with 16 kw in non air cooled reflectors sealed with CO2 or a fresh air room with 22 kw in non air cooled reflectors which would you chose and why? Which set up would yield more? What reflectors would you chose?

The room is 275 sq ft. and already has 6 tons of ac with ballasts in separate room. Adding more AC and or air cooled hoods are not options at the present time.

Thanks for any input.

S

swisscheese

Run burners in the vented room with 6 more lights I mean if your room is sealed right to run Co2 then even with proper venting you shouldn't lose that much Co2. Why not run the ac and only use an exhaust fan hooked up to a controller when you exceed set limits, seems like the best of both worlds to me.

Resinable

Resinable

Thanks for the responses.

Sorry Swisscheese for lagging been super busy. I still have not been able to make up my mind still have a couple weeks before i have to decide.
Another option i'm mulling over is 21 or 22 kw in aircooled blockbusters with CO2. Although the ducting will make that real difficult to install. Having a real tough time making my mind up.

Resinable

Resinable

I'm intrigued by those adjust a wings and would like to here about the yields people are achieving with those and the size area they are covering. I know Jackmayoffer says he is getting 2.5 to 3 per 16 sq ft and BCrocker has done well with them. Although I think BCrocker is not totally sold on them?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Have you run that many bulbs in that room without venting them?

At 4k btu of cooling for every vented 1k bulb....with 16 bulbs, wouldn't you be maxing out that WITH vented hoods?

Would the A/C even be able to keep up in the summertime with non/vented?

Its early....maybe my math is wrong. I have 4.5 tons on 12k vented and I wouldn't want many more in there, I dont think . This is 400 sq feet.

Resinable

Resinable

Mississip: I have not run run that many bulbs without venting . . . currently the room has fresh air in and outtakes assisted by the ACs.

The ACs are 3 "2 ton units" with a rated capacity of 22,500 btus and a capacity range of 8000 to 31,400 btus. I'm thinking you are probably right they could only handle about 12 1000 watters if room were sealed.

I'm considering adding a couple 15 000 btu window shakers is i don't vent the hoods which should allow me to run 17 or 18 1000s. In this scenario the humidity would be very low.

If I vented the hoods I'm thinking the btu rating for each 1000 would be about 2000 to 2500 btus allowing me to run 20 to 22 1000 watters. Plus in this situation the humidity should be better (higher).

dankworth

dankworth

VPD has a bigger impact on growth rates in veg and first half of flowering than co2 in my experience, thus why I will only run sealed rooms.
Correct VPD management coupled with c02, however, is even more kickass.
Thus cycle time can be reduced in a sealed room vs a vented room. Shortened veg time, shortened flower time. More optimization to occur.
Also, yeild per light is more dependent on environmental optimization than anything else. Assuming all other factors are optimal, that is, like nutrient delivery method, nutrient value profile, canopy management, additives like IBA and teas, etc. Don't forget good foliar usage will reduce cycle time considerably as well via enhancement of growth rate.
If you give them the best day of summer every day of their lives, growth rate/quantity/quality can be watched and pimped out as much as possible. More learning can occur in a sealed room than in a vented one in my experience.
I do believe that a sealed room with less lights can offer superior annual output to a vented room for these and other reasons.
Hope this helps.
Oh, and fuck a real job.

Resinable

Resinable

Mississip: I like my rooms well lit. With most non jumbo hoods a 1000 watter optimally covers a 4X3 area. 22 would be about 80 watts of lighting per square foot. Just a about perfect; imo poss. to get 2 per out of 12 sq ft I believe. Cross lighting is great with 80 watts per sq ft. zero dead spots max colas everywhere.

Dank: I'm with u on sealed rooms and VPD; I'm just trying to juggle tradeoffs plus I've been witness to people hitting two per with fresh air and no CO2 so it makes me wonder. But ideally and in the long run i will always try to implement CO2 and sealed having personally experienced the benefits.

Top Bottom