CO2 vs Hydro for increased yeilds...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

OK, lets say a farmer has mastered growing in soil in a 2400 watt room. He wants to increase his yeilds but adding more lights is not an option...so for about the same cost he can get hydro tables and all that goes with...or he can get a C02 burner and a computerized controller and continue to grow in soil which he has already mastered. Which setup do you think will lead to larger and faster yeilds?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Add the co2, it makes more since to add the co2 to your current setup that you are already comfortable with, than to start over and learn a completely different method of growing...you yields will drop initially if I were guessin and then increase as you got the hang of hydro..

Stick with what you know and add the co2

Tex

N

northern monsta

i chose c02 over hydro hope i made a good move? i think so ive grown in drip system i prefer hand feeding, ive still got a couple of 8 pot systems i dont use cant say i noticed the difference how much increase in yeild does a hydro usually give? good question JH i may7 go back to them.

G

grizz

ripz said it all in my opion, coco is hydro but its so much like soil us old dirt heads can adjust to it so easy, the co2 with the controller, sealed room, dehumidifier and your set.

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings JH420

Good question...Great 'trick' question.

You've failed to disclose how much the room is currently yielding. Given the stipulation of "mastered growing in soil", it's quite possible that the garden yields at its pinnacle point.

Also: one can't assume what the limiting factor for the garden is. Your circulation and ventilation could be well above par, your ratio of bio mass to cubic space could be under, your ambient temperature and relative humidity too low, your rhizospheric area too small, improper nutrient uptake and assimilation (organic), improper nutrient profile (inorganic), all and any of which would make the addition of supplemental Carbon Dioxide moot.

As well you asked:

Which setup do you think will lead to larger and faster yeilds?...JH420

All other variables being equal, hydroponically cultivated plants outperform soil cultivated ones, especially in the categories of larger and faster yield.

Even if putting that fact aside, the stipulated method is "hydro tables and all that goes with", which implies greater plant numbers, which in turn should translate into greater yields with less necessary vegetative time (faster).

Sincerely,
Charles.

please2waze

please2waze

True aeroponics with enough lateral room for the roots to grow unrestricted. Plus enough drainage to keep the roots from soaking in any water! Mist only! take it easy....

T

todgerdelburro

As a hydro system will increase your yields over soil, be it coco, nft or aero, it is unlikely that CO2 is holding your garden back, unless ventilation is lacking anyway, so go hydro, get that right, then add CO2, IMO turn it off 3 weeks before crop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom