co2......

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

Can someone tell me how to set up a co2 system..... i just bought of craigslist:

5 lbs co2 tank
Clippard Solenoid
Regulator
Co2 diffuser
Bubble counter
.... it was originally used for a fish tank but i looked online and the ones for grow rooms look and have the same equipment..... If maybe I could get some feedback on how some experts use co2, and what difference they thought it made in their harvest.... Thanks..

GROW......

Co2
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
You need a ppm controller you need to control your levels from 1000 to 1500 ppm. CO2 not controled is deadly to you and your pets. I have had great sucess with my Sentinal controler.. Jack

X

Xceptional

that controller is not a requirement! they are awesome but you can totally get by without one. the regulator lets out a specific cfh (cubic feet a hour). there is a mathematical formula to determine the flow rate needed to get to optimal levels based on a assumed ambient co2 level. you an get a co2 tester at a grow store with a few single use vials for about $30. get one of those and ask the grow shop to calculate the flow rate needed. if they don't know how ask them to get the instructions out of a active air regulator box it has the formula (i'd give it to ya but i dont have it with me right now). get a timer to put your regulator on a timer and you're set. the deadly levels are so high that you would have to dump that in a closet and stay in there to hurt yourself i believe lol. my buddy dumped a 20 lbs tank in a 700 sq ft apartment in 2 days and he was just fine. no open windows 2 very small dogs and no one was hurt. he had a Taco Bell dog and a terrier both are not over 10 lbs and neither were hurt. with that in perspective i believe it is impossible for you to hurt your self with 5lbs of co2...

G

growgrow

You need a ppm controller you need to control your levels from 1000 to 1500 ppm. CO2 not controled is deadly to you and your pets. I have had great sucess with my Sentinal controler.. Jack

I looked online and those controllers are like 6 bills.... i probably will eventually get one but not now ... thanx for your help Jack

that controller is not a requirement! they are awesome but you can totally get by without one. the regulator lets out a specific cfh (cubic feet a hour). there is a mathematical formula to determine the flow rate needed to get to optimal levels based on a assumed ambient co2 level. you an get a co2 tester at a grow store with a few single use vials for about $30. get one of those and ask the grow shop to calculate the flow rate needed. if they don't know how ask them to get the instructions out of a active air regulator box it has the formula (i'd give it to ya but i dont have it with me right now). get a timer to put your regulator on a timer and you're set. the deadly levels are so high that you would have to dump that in a closet and stay in there to hurt yourself i believe lol. my buddy dumped a 20 lbs tank in a 700 sq ft apartment in 2 days and he was just fine. no open windows 2 very small dogs and no one was hurt. he had a Taco Bell dog and a terrier both are not over 10 lbs and neither were hurt. with that in perspective i believe it is impossible for you to hurt your self with 5lbs of co2...

THANKS.... you saved my ass.... i was not about to spend 6 bills on a digital ppm controller..... now all i need is a 15 dollar timer.... sweet..... i attached this pdf that shows exactly how to run it for anyones interest....

GROW

View attachment co2_system.pdf
matamus

matamus

yeah dude a ppm controller is optional, expensive. I am going under the influence anymore co2 than latent air has is a positive, that is unless you go over 1500, co2 is an odorless killer so if ya feel light headed and dizzy then you had better make like a tree and get the F**k out of there and get fresh air. I inject my co2 in cycles of 15min on, 15 min off when lights are on. I have noticed a difference, but will know more when I do the next run with co2 turned off an see what happens then. Seal your room tight tight tight, tighter than the Virgin Mary.

J

Johnnyblaze2010

Co2

Co2 is toxic at levels above 10000 ppm. But that won't really happen unless you are trying to kill off the pest in your system by doing a mass release of the gas. Other than that, the plants should use it up even if you bump it up to 10000 in half a day.

1stimer

1stimer

I looked online and those controllers are like 6 bills.... i probably will eventually get one but not now ... thanx for your help Jack

THANKS.... you saved my ass.... i was not about to spend 6 bills on a digital ppm controller..... now all i need is a 15 dollar timer.... sweet..... i attached this pdf that shows exactly how to run it for anyones interest....

You get what you pay for! You can see some really good results if you set your room up right. IMO I would either do it right from the start or don't use Co2 until you can afford to set it up correctly otherwise your going to spin your wheels. I payed 550. for my Sentinal, but you can get a CAP ppm controler for 4 bills, just shop around and make these shops compete and you can get a good deal. Good Luck!

1stimer

1stimer

Good Thread

Can someone tell me how to set up a co2 system..... i just bought of craigslist:

5 lbs co2 tank
Clippard Solenoid
Regulator
Co2 diffuser
Bubble counter
.... it was originally used for a fish tank but i looked online and the ones for grow rooms look and have the same equipment..... If maybe I could get some feedback on how some experts use co2, and what difference they thought it made in their harvest.... Thanks..

GROW......

This is a really good thread, I think it willl help you out.

G

growgrow

You get what you pay for! You can see some really good results if you set your room up right. IMO I would either do it right from the start or don't use Co2 until you can afford to set it up correctly otherwise your going to spin your wheels. I payed 550. for my Sentinal, but you can get a CAP ppm controler for 4 bills, just shop around and make these shops compete and you can get a good deal. Good Luck!

Thanks first.... ive read that thread... but it seems like every1 just speaks about sealed rooms.... i have intake/exhaust.... do you think i could theoretically put both the exhaust and co2 on alternate timers and calculate the flow rate with the formula cubic feetX.0012 divide by three... then divide by two and have it alternate on and off every 15 minutes?... would this not be effective?... have you run co2 on intake/exhaust before?.... thanks .... im about to put into flower this weekend and want to have this worked out.... let me know your thoughts...

GROW!.....

T

tcurtiss

I use C02 and have the C02 feeding tubes on the backside of my fan so it gets thrown around via the fan

You want the C02 to come on the same time as your lights, I just have it trickle during those hours and yes you can see a difference using it

Good luck

G

growgrow

I use C02 and have the C02 feeding tubes on the backside of my fan so it gets thrown around via the fan

You want the C02 to come on the same time as your lights, I just have it trickle during those hours and yes you can see a difference using it

Good luck

Do you run intake exhaust?...... if so... what is your system and how do you run it w/ co2?....

GROW!

1stimer

1stimer

Thanks first.... ive read that thread... but it seems like every1 just speaks about sealed rooms.... i have intake/exhaust.... do you think i could theoretically put both the exhaust and co2 on alternate timers and calculate the flow rate with the formula cubic feetX.0012 divide by three... then divide by two and have it alternate on and off every 15 minutes?... would this not be effective?... have you run co2 on intake/exhaust before?.... thanks .... im about to put into flower this weekend and want to have this worked out.... let me know your thoughts...

GROW!.....

You don't need to intake if you have CO2, if your going to exhaust then do it 15 min. every hour and use the flow chart that comes with your regulator. Put a 4" or 6" intake with a dampener on it that way when you do exhaust it will open up the dampener and replace the air you exhausted and close when your exhaust turns off. I was in the same boat as you a while back and I couldn't afford a controller and the guy from the hydro shop let me borrow his for a couple of days to see how my room was reacting. This will work and you will raise the ppm's in your room, but you will need to set it up right eventually. My first grow I got 35oz off of 2 lights and the next one I used co2 the way I stated above and I got 44oz..It will make a difference. Good luck!

M

Mr.Smokster

I would love to hear from some one who runs Co2 with intake/exhaust.

H

hailo

I would love to hear from some one who runs Co2 with intake/exhaust.

The reason people dont run it this way is because of the waste/loss...when you exhaust the room you take the co2 with it, thus having to replenish the whole room instead of just trickling in.
If were talking a 2x2 (32 CF) the loss is acceptable to some.....if were talking a 10X10(800CF) thats a lot of wasted co2

If you want to try it, just put your exhaust on a timer to go OFF every 2 hrs for 15 mins....then have a timer on c02 to go ON every 2 hrs for 15 mins

I used to run IN/OUT but when i upgraded to c02 I also added the controller, a/c and dehuey at the same time...
For me it wasnt worth messing with all stuff.

Now that i have a controller, i must say ill never go back to IN/OUT

Latest posts

Top Bottom