Co2?

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Hi

If I were to add co2 to a 4 x 4 tent (and perhaps a 6 x 4 tent) what kind of regulator and tank would you recomend?

When I move I might set it up exactly perfect so i can run all of my lights and not worry about the heat. CO2 might be the solution. I will do a lot of reading on it but i was just curious.

B

Burned Haze

*If in a basement/ and or temps not a problem, propane/natural gas burner (4-8- burner). If temps a issues your going have to use c02 tanks ( negative factor=cost factor of the refills and I have no experience in size for those)

*Will c02 work for My room or tent?
Matters how sealed you can the tent or room I find the worth. Once I made my room that I’m using a small 7lb tank every other week in a 20 x 40 room but before i was changing it out every 3-5 days easy in same room, it was just all sealing it properly ( my plants are def even bigger now so I know I was def losing it)

I run mine at 1050ppm no issues and 1000 low

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I would look into getting a controller analog or digital doesent matter as long as it turns on when your Ppms drop. You can order one on eBay Amazon much cheaper than anywhere else, but you can also get a used one which is the route I took and I got it for 20 bucks off letgo. I would also suggest getting a desk analyzer with a probe that takes two readings 1 where it sits outside the tent and a reading for where the probe is placed. This will give you reassurance your readings are correct and not sure how you plan to vent but if it's in a bedroom seal the room best you can and recirculate air from the room back into the tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

20 lb. Tank you wont need to fill as often. Regulator wont matter to much but getting a duel stage will prevent end of tank dump that can happen with some single stage regulator's. Also make sure you get a regulator with solenoid but figure out what controller you are going to use first so you will know whether you need an ac or dc solenoid.Make sure you run them standing up not laying down. Use a controller to regulate ppm preferably one that you can set the ppm but the ones with a few presets will work.

Like others have stated you will want to seal up the tent as much as possible. With that comes a whole new set of challenges. It will be absolutely wasted if you still plan to run intake and exhaust fans. Then there is humidity control, temp control and the need to purge co2 for night or alteast a timer to shut off an hour o2 before lights out. Also you will want 1000ish ppfd before supplementing co2. Just figured I would throw out some info before you commit to invest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can often find used equipment. But be sure to check the date of recertification

Top Bottom