COACHELLA? whos going

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

What up farmers anyone going to coachella? Its not my thing but I have staff passes and am asked to drive people around and they want to pay and tip me.. kinda dope so whatever. Im more into a shakedown and some hippy shit but some bands are pretty decent on the bill. So if anyones going lets burn and clown make the best of it. I can taxi some lol.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thought the line up was weeeaaak.

Awesome if you get paid to be there though. props.

shawnskush

shawnskush

only 5 id be interested in seeing out of what 80ish artists lol definitely not worth it to me id want some pretty kill pay to listen to alotta that stuff lol. hope you have fun mwd!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

thought the line up was weeeaaak.

Awesome if you get paid to be there though. props.
Its hella wak bro but im goin to have fun and just taxi people around. So cal has many hotties booka shade and wu tang will be dope oh ya do lab is going to bring the heat.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

only 5 id be interested in seeing out of what 80ish artists lol definitely not worth it to me id want some pretty kill pay to listen to alotta that stuff lol. hope you have fun mwd!
Thanks man. I always have fun just bring positive vibes and some fine herbs. I literally just drive kids around to their campsite or where needed. I wont be that active just sitting there in a cart. Done before actually fun as shit since i like to talk to people.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Phish had nothin' on Coachella this year. Nothing at all.

Cap, you're a good guy but need your head checked if you thought this lineup sucked. Someone smuggled some 'boat into your nugs, bud.
xD

Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothin To Fuck Wit

(but the lineup that had Queens of the Stone Age, Thievery Corporation, Beasties, etc was the best lineup it seems Coachella put together)

PS MW, would have hung out with you and partied and clowned hard with ya. Sorry I saw this too late.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Portugal. The Man, Pretty Lights, Tame Impala, Jurassic 5, Nick Cave, WU TANG (with a full orchestra, every original member but ODB), Spiritualized, 2Chainz, etc etc.... sick sick lineup. Real talk.

So much fun that I plan to go again, probably, regardless of lineup. 100% worth it. Near perfect weather. A hottie stopped me to compliment my Funkadelic shirt as the coolest tshirt at the event. Way too much fun, up to and including the sandstorm.

If you want beef then bring the ruckus.... (over 50k people chanting, with Wu Tang beach balls everywhere)....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

No disrespect Cap, just pimpin' ya. Big fan of your knowledge, sharing, and am going to be a customer at some point too.
But listen to the bands I listed before you diss.
xD

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
No disrespect Cap, just pimpin' ya. Big fan of your knowledge, sharing, and am going to be a customer at some point too.
But listen to the bands I listed before you diss.
xD

Bro I know all those bands. I stand by my statement. Compared to other years, line up is weak. No matter what it is still a good time, but coachella IMHO charges waaayyy too much for a festie. At the price they charge they need to have serious headliners, and a lot of killer bands after that.

What look/looked great this year: lolapalooza.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

The lineup I saw 2nd year was dope.

Agree to disagree on the quality of this year's lineup, but would have preferred to see that Beasties/Thievery/QotSA lineup. Jesus.

This year's show blew me away and I got my $'s worth. I've seen many good fests before, and this was up there.

Plus Coachella's weather > Chicago > Bonnaroo

I'm averse to sticky downpours at 90F, though some Bonnaroo lineups look decent.... this year didn't move me.

deepthought

deepthought

I was at Coachella 2002. I was a security guard at the time. I got picked to man the back stage of stage two. The only guard back there. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

I got to meet Beck and Giovanni Ribisi. I watched Ozomatli, Mos Def, the Strokes...Got yelled at by Kelly Osbourne because her body guard didn't have a back stage pass and I couldn't let him back. (we had a guy cart them over somewhere and get a pass and come back, took like ten minutes and she didn't miss anything). Saw Drew Berrymore and Christina Ricci who were both HOT. LOL....I remember Drew Berrymore was hanging out back stage for a few minutes before moving on and this roadie was just standing there after she left whispering..."She looked right into my eyes...." Guy was totally star-struck.

A couple times when they let me go on break I made my way over to the rave tent and danced (poorly) right there in my guard uniform. I got a lot of looks, some people thought it was great....some seemed not to know what to think. I didn't give a shit I was like 19 and having the time of my life.

Man that was a great day. I did get a horrendous sun burn though. It was worth it. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Deepthought, I LOVE Beck! And Giovanni Ribisi is an actor whose work I really like. Ozomatli, are you kidding me??? The Strokes, too? Feck Ms. Osbourne.

My sons usually make it out there for that show, I never have. How much does it run nowadays?
Bro I know all those bands. I stand by my statement. Compared to other years, line up is weak. No matter what it is still a good time, but coachella IMHO charges waaayyy too much for a festie. At the price they charge they need to have serious headliners, and a lot of killer bands after that.

What look/looked great this year: lolapalooza.

Damn... Lollapalooza is still going on? I remember when that whole gig got started up, after the Us festivals stopped.

deepthought

deepthought

Deepthought, I LOVE Beck! And Giovanni Ribisi is an actor whose work I really like. Ozomatli, are you kidding me??? The Strokes, too? Feck Ms. Osbourne.
I have no idea how much it costs. I got paid to be there the one time I went.

Got to watch some Chargers games that way through the same company, and a jazz festival and a few other things. On the flip side I had to suffer through a number of Padres games. I even got hit by a foul ball once when I was guarding on the foul line. That sucked. Not only did it hurt but I had about three hundred people in the stands laughing at me.

Anyway here is a link to the Coachella pay dealy....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

DT- that's awesome. I saw it the year Janes had Flea on stage, Chemical Bros played, Oakenfold, etc. I think it was still a one day event back then. Its been a day.

SM - Lollapalooza took a long hiatus. Now its only in Chicago, is 3 days long. Oh, there is a Lolla in South America, too. Both are still extensions of Perry Farrell's original management. He has a say in it still at least.

Haven't been to Bonnaroo yet, but I hear the heat is nothing short of miserable.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I didnt go for the music i was just carting some vip around, my friend works for a company as ambassador. He was visiting me in cali and asked if i wanted to go. I had production passes and could go everywhere onthe grounds. Backstage etc..
Funk- phish rules i travel everywhere to see them. No comparison to the festy scene.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Did you go to the Gorge Phish shows?

Truth be told, I met really awesome people camping near us at Coachella who have become friends. One joined us for Phish Gorge this year.

If you get VIP passes to Coachella next year, take me with you and I'll make you and your VIP extremely happy.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Did you go to the Gorge Phish shows?

Truth be told, I met really awesome people camping near us at Coachella who have become friends. One joined us for Phish Gorge this year.

If you get VIP passes to Coachella next year, take me with you and I'll make you and your VIP extremely happy.
I did tahoe, bill graham and hollywood bowl. All were fun but saturday at bill g that was the heat!!

I wont be going more than likely it was hard for me to drive by the dubstep stage over and over. Made my brain hurt.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Congrats on your summer run. I've seen them many times, over decades. I'm not the diehard Phan but caught gorge this run.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Yeah dub step sucks. For that kind of music, big beat or break beat is way better.

Dub step is so played out and wasn't good to start with.

Top Bottom