Cob Or Bust? Lets Talk.

• Thread starter ManicSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

ManicSoCal

My head is spinning in 1000 different directions after reading the countless posts regarding growing under different light setups.

Here is all I would like to do:

Grow: 1 - 2 plants for personal consumption but I would like to grow absolute fire.
Budget: $1,000 *I'd like to also have this price include the tent, c02, air vent.. everything.
Size of grow tent: something small, nothing big.

Is there a good samaritan out there who can guide me to the light? I suffer from PTSD and severe forms of anxiety and would like to grow medicinal plants to aid me on a day to day basis.

The type of light does not matter to me, I definitely prefer a plug & play setup over DIY.

Thank You so much in advance guys!

Homesteader

Homesteader

DIY will be cheapest while knowing and being able to use the latest and most efficient tech and components but there is a lot of subpar quality lights to spend your cash on such as Blackdog claiming they are the best while using 3 year old cheap Chinese shit that is just a let down.

Freshone

Freshone

Get a little 3x3 tent setup and a cmh315 and you will be golden,check growershouse I think they sell kits like that,if not call them and they will put 1 together for you.This should fit your budget.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@ManicSoCal I sure can all you gotta do is hit me up and I'll do my best to help you and checkout some of my YouTube videos and please subcribe:cool:

Please don't buy any junk Leds because you'll need up doing this lol

M

ManicSoCal

DIY will be cheapest while knowing and being able to use the latest and most efficient tech and components but there is a lot of subpar quality lights to spend your cash on such as Blackdog claiming they are the best while using 3 year old cheap Chinese shit that is just a let down.

Very true, I have heard a ton of BS surrounding Blackdog on these forums and thus will be staying away from them!

In terms of DIY, I'm not the greatest - I could do it, but I most likely will screw something up.

M

ManicSoCal

Get a little 3x3 tent setup and a cmh315 and you will be golden,check growershouse I think they sell kits like that,if not call them and they will put 1 together for you.This should fit your budget.

Thank YOU! I will be checking them out immediately.

@ManicSoCal I sure can all you gotta do is hit me up and I'll do my best to help you and checkout some of my YouTube videos and please subcribe:cool:

Please don't buy any junk Leds because you'll need up doing this lol

Subscribed! Thank You! I will be messaging you now.

That video is too great, ha - so much great information in one thread.

hillbil

hillbil

Cob's and quantum boards are the best producers of photons per watt. They make more light at less draw than any other source. @REALSTYLES can and will help you out.

You should have no trouble meeting your budget or growing enough mota for yourself. Down to 190 watts of COBs for a few weeks and it is a lot like growing with a 400 hps.

COBs are also very easy to live with as far as heat issues and the white spectrum is comfortable for humans. Good luck.

Nice to see someone ask questions before they buy blurple junk or something.

Last edited:
Major91

Major91

I just finished an indoor grow with some MarsHydro lights. For my first grow ever I was happy with the outcome but I would surely want to either build/buy some Cob setups......got a 5x5x8 tent setup. My buds are drying now.....curing this weekend........Time to start reading up on the Cob!

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

My head is spinning in 1000 different directions after reading the countless posts regarding growing under different light setups.

Here is all I would like to do:

Grow: 1 - 2 plants for personal consumption but I would like to grow absolute fire.
Budget: $1,000 *I'd like to also have this price include the tent, c02, air vent.. everything.
Size of grow tent: something small, nothing big.

Is there a good samaritan out there who can guide me to the light? I suffer from PTSD and severe forms of anxiety and would like to grow medicinal plants to aid me on a day to day basis.

The type of light does not matter to me, I definitely prefer a plug & play setup over DIY.

Thank You so much in advance guys!
I use cxb3590 3500k 36v. I have an extra 200w fixture. pm if you are interested

Top Bottom