Coco Advice Please

• Thread starter Ryesty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryesty

Ryesty

Just getting into week 7 of my first coco grow. I read up quite a bit and it seemed fairly simple. I have mostly grown in hydroton the last few years. I keep my moms in soil and did some aero years ago. I’m in 3 gallon pots 60/40 coco to perlite. Up till a few days ago they where drinking as much as I would feed them. I hand water right after lights on. Then I started to notice some curling upwards on my leaves and the growth started to slow. So I stopped watering quite so much. Then I started to see a touch of nute burn on my still curling leave edges so I have started to flush. I gave them a good flush of water with just cal mag to 6.5 ph. Yesterday they didn’t seem to drink anything at all so I didn’t water. Today the coco is staring to dry out on top but right under the surface is still moist and it’s stll dark not dried out yet. The pot are pretty light but not completely. The growth of the buds seemed to of almost stopped when this all started. They seem to be swelling up very slightly if at all. The Tricomb development is great they seem to get more frosty everyday, and the smell is super dank. I had to get another carbon filter today. The one wasn’t keeping up anymore. I just don’t understand why the signs of overwatering and why the growth has almost stopped. They are usually packing on weight now. My pistels seem to be turning earlier than usual also. Any ideas or advice is appreciated

sixstring

sixstring

pistols turning earlier than normal,maybe ya got some pollen floating around in there ? this a strain you have run before? regs or autos ? best way to get help with problems is posting detailed pics in the best lighting possible.when they are done they will drink less,,and if you keep feeding them the same you can see weird shit happen sometimes.hard to say but 6.5 is way high ph for coco,any reason you did that?

Ryesty

Ryesty

pistols turning earlier than normal,maybe ya got some pollen floating around in there ? this a strain you have run before? regs or autos ? best way to get help with problems is posting detailed pics in the best lighting possible.when they are done they will drink less,,and if you keep feeding them the same you can see weird shit happen sometimes.hard to say but 6.5 is way high ph for coco,any reason you did that?
Yes I’ve ran this strain it’s Girl Scout cookie. It generally takes just over 9 weeks. I didn’t realize 6.5 was to high. I haven’t had a chance to get good pics. I’ll get some today when the lights are off.

sixstring

sixstring

Yes I’ve ran this strain it’s Girl Scout cookie. It generally takes just over 9 weeks. I didn’t realize 6.5 was to high. I haven’t had a chance to get good pics. I’ll get some today when the lights are off.
yes that ph is used for soil grows.in coco you want to keep it at 5.8 to maybe 6.0 all the time kinda like hydro.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Just getting into week 7 of my first coco grow. I read up quite a bit and it seemed fairly simple. I have mostly grown in hydroton the last few years. I keep my moms in soil and did some aero years ago. I’m in 3 gallon pots 60/40 coco to perlite. Up till a few days ago they where drinking as much as I would feed them. I hand water right after lights on. Then I started to notice some curling upwards on my leaves and the growth started to slow. So I stopped watering quite so much. Then I started to see a touch of nute burn on my still curling leave edges so I have started to flush. I gave them a good flush of water with just cal mag to 6.5 ph. Yesterday they didn’t seem to drink anything at all so I didn’t water. Today the coco is staring to dry out on top but right under the surface is still moist and it’s stll dark not dried out yet. The pot are pretty light but not completely. The growth of the buds seemed to of almost stopped when this all started. They seem to be swelling up very slightly if at all. The Tricomb development is great they seem to get more frosty everyday, and the smell is super dank. I had to get another carbon filter today. The one wasn’t keeping up anymore. I just don’t understand why the signs of overwatering and why the growth has almost stopped. They are usually packing on weight now. My pistels seem to be turning earlier than usual also. Any ideas or advice is appreciated
How often do you water/feed?

What ppm do you feed?

Ryesty

Ryesty

How often do you water/feed?

What ppm do you feed?
I feed Once a day ppm is 1200.
It’s the same ppm Schedule I always use the only difference is I’m in coco this time. I believe as stated above I have my ph to high. Gonna drop it today to 5.5 from 6.5

MW7945

MW7945

Coco shouldn't be dry, and as mentioned 5.8-6.2 is ideal, the former being most ideal typically. IMO at week 7 it's not even worth chasing your tail, I'd just do a nice two week flush until it's ready

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Thats prolly what it is-salt build up from letting the medium dry out.dont let the medium dry out atall.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I feed Once a day ppm is 1200.
It’s the same ppm Schedule I always use the only difference is I’m in coco this time. I believe as stated above I have my ph to high. Gonna drop it today to 5.5 from 6.5
You may need to water more than once a day. I grow in coco and flower in 3 gal pots. I watered up to 4 times a day by week 7. However, with multiple feeding the ppm should be kept low. Under 1000ppm, even in late flower. I also think there is salt build up from the coco getting too dry. But as already stated, you’re far enough along now it’s probably best to just start your flush and worry about feeding schedules next run.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

pH too high, nutrients too high. you have both your answers to the problem. Most of my coir plants don't see 600 ppm (1.2ec)

Ryesty

Ryesty

pH too high, nutrients too high. you have both your answers to the problem. Most of my coir plants don't see 600 ppm (1.2ec)
I’m going to feed at around 400 ppm today and 5.5 and see how it goes. Still have 2 weeks of feed then flush week 9 is my flush week on this strain. Hopefully my flushing for the last 3 days has helped. They just didn’t allow much water in for before running out the bottom. Im sure it’s from ph and nute lock. From what everyone is saying and how it looks. Thanks for all the info

Ryesty

Ryesty

So everything is looking a lot better after lowering the ph and nutes. I also believe I should of went with bigger containers. I think the 3 gallon containers are to small. All in all Not bad for the first run in coco and the first run in the new shed. The temps are good and stable. Definitely have plenty of changes to make as soon as they come out. The next batch is looking good and are on track to go in right after harvest. Really looking forward to the next run.

54004E7B 1426 4CE4 8721 4E0BBD699783
9F045385 9649 4C87 85BA F716DA4754E3
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So everything is looking a lot better after lowering the ph and nutes. I also believe I should of went with bigger containers. I think the 3 gallon containers are to small. All in all Not bad for the first run in coco and the first run in the new shed. The temps are good and stable. Definitely have plenty of changes to make as soon as they come out. The next batch is looking good and are on track to go in right after harvest. Really looking forward to the next run.
From my experience you really don't need a pot over 3 gals for coir in indoor grows. I've had mother veg for over 6 months in 9 liter ( 2.5 gal) pots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom