Coco and Clay Ball 50/50?

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Hey guys I was just wondering if any of you have ever used a coco and clay balls 50/50 mix, and if so Id like to hear what you think about it.

Im currently growing coco hempys and am using a coco/perlite mix of 70/30 (not including the 2 inch perlite res)

Would growth be faster with a clay ball and coco 50/50 mix?

lollipopman

lollipopman

Look up chow mix, but for faster growth do coco/perlite 30/70..

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I don't see the argument for one being faster? It seems like I'm scheduling 10 soon to be 12 weeks for flower. I like hydrotons more so, lot easier for reusing at least IMHO. Plus when you layered the top with them, they look so good! In fact I really don't like messing with perlite, so chow mix or whatever you want to call it.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Hey guys I was just wondering if any of you have ever used a coco and clay balls 50/50 mix, and if so Id like to hear what you think about it.

Im currently growing coco hempys and am using a coco/perlite mix of 70/30 (not including the 2 inch perlite res)

Would growth be faster with a clay ball and coco 50/50 mix?

I did hempy's in 5 gallon buckets, get a small bag of hydrotons or whatever brand they have an try it out. Not that expensive an you just use it like the perlite, a layer of it on the bottom an layer the top with a few inches an see for yourself. I think it has more to do with how you water the medium, I either hand water or drip to waste, but I'm thinking of going to a recirculating drip, which then I would simply drop the coco. Yet if you drain to waste I like hydrotons over perlite, just feed often as you can.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

I use it. We harvested room with both hydroton and perlite and the hydroton seemed to have more roots. Didn't really keep track of yield cause they were all spread out.

Top Bottom