Coco and Compost...

• Thread starter MrSweetCorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MrSweetCorn

Anybody else amending their coco with compost? My trees are loving it as both a top dressing and a mix in. Ain't never grown them this big before is all I can say.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Anybody else amending their coco with compost? My trees are loving it as both a top dressing and a mix in. Ain't never grown them this big before is all I can say.

i amend my compost with coco... my critters love that shit. but ya, no doubt, compost is the way to go either tea, top dress, or amended in your medium, or all three!

Natural

Natural

lol..a lil coffee with your milk and sugar..too funny

how do you guys avoid bugs..I can't do my own compost unless I buy ingredients and last time I bought some local chix compost and it came with some nice gnat larvae

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

i use 3 totes stacked on one another. The bottom bin has a solid bottom with a tub outlet on the bottom for draining my "shit soup". The other two have holes drilled in the bottoms of each and i alternate the two from top to bottom every other week. I use a lid with aeration holes drilled on top. Each bin also have aeration holes drilled about 5" below the top of the bin. I lined my lid and the each bin (where the aeration holes are) with screen material and gorilla glue to keep out pests (fungus gnats, mites, and other little bastards). its a cost efficient system that works and looks decent.

I also bought a compost from the city i live in, its kind of cool, but has vented holes all the way to the bottom, no bottom to the unit so it sits right on the ground. the idea was cool but it didnt serve the purpose i wanted it to... so now its my daughters toy, she tries to trap the dogs in it... kinda funny.

*edit* - if you dont like making your own compost (its convenient for me cuz i eat all organic, and all my food/garden waste goes right into it, and whatever is left over from my AACT brews.) buy Bu's Blend Compost, thats the shit!

Natural

Natural

Thanks Z..I'll check Bu's out. Would love to have a big veg garden..soon..very soon.

M

max rez

...how do you guys avoid bugs...Natural,
I had only a problem with spiders(not mites) and used a "sonic bug repellant". It only cost $7.00 at wal mart and the thing actually seems to work...
other than that, any time i see a ladybug, which is quite frequent, i grab em and throw em in the room...dozens of them windup in there and they crawl all over the plants...never had a pest problem! : )

Top Bottom