Coco And Soil Same Feed Schedule And Soil Plants Are Burning.

• Thread starter Thereallenny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thereallenny

Thereallenny

got a problem I can’t figure out. I been growing in soil and rock wool for 25 yrs and can’t remember ever burning a plant. The pistils at week 3 are turning orange just on the three plants that are in soil. So I have everything automated and I always grow in coco and a buddy gave me three plants that are in soil. I just hooked up those 3 soil plants to the drip lines that are on the coco feed. I feed twice a day in the coco. Could the nutes be building up in soil where as they drain out in coco? I don’t have to ph because I use advanced entire line and my water is coming out at 6.8 so it’s dialed in and not a ph issue but I’m wondering about feeding nutes so often to the plants in soil. Just trying to get a second or 3rd opinion.

Enforcer

Enforcer

got a problem I can’t figure out. I been growing in soil and rock wool for 25 yrs and can’t remember ever burning a plant. The pistils at week 3 are turning orange just on the three plants that are in soil. So I have everything automated and I always grow in coco and a buddy gave me three plants that are in soil. I just hooked up those 3 soil plants to the drip lines that are on the coco feed. I feed twice a day in the coco. Could the nutes be building up in soil where as they drain out in coco? I don’t have to ph because I use advanced entire line and my water is coming out at 6.8 so it’s dialed in and not a ph issue but I’m wondering about feeding nutes so often to the plants in soil. Just trying to get a second or 3rd opinion.
I would not feed a plant in soil twice a day. Great way to overwater the plant and get root rot. Also, that soil probably already has nutes in it. So if you’re feeding like coco, the ppm in the medium will be super high and result in the burn you’re seeing. Soil (unlike coco) needs to dry out for a few days after watering. Personally, I would just hand water those plants every few days or so, on a separate feeding rate than the coco plants. The soil plants won’t need as much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom