COCO BEDS DIY QUESTIONS please help!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter jitty bo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jitty bo

jitty bo

Ok so I have been reading as much as i can about coco beds and what fertilizers work?

My question is does anyone have any DIY coco beds pics that describe how they made their beds?

I'm using GH 3 part currently but willing to switch after seeing guys like billyboat ect beast with other nutes. But if I stayed GH which I love what formulas are you guys seeing that works ( I hear the Lucas 6/9 works but some use cal-mag some dont so I'm confused on if I will have problems )?

My room set up is roughly a 18 x 15 area

6000 watts with room for two more air cooled plenty of fans

15,100 btu cooler ( my temps are 72-78 lights on ) also have a swamp cooler cooling the exterior of the room and veg room. veg and flower in garage.

cO2 burner

50 gal res

I'm building soon could use your input please thank you in advance

also I only got 8 ft clearing from floor to lights

socalpunx

socalpunx

Honestly gh is fine.I do recommend some calmg supplement.Most companys have a coco specific nute line-up.You can make your bed just like a soil bed if you want but becarefull not to make it to shallow,And becarefull of you height limit you dont want your hoods smashed right on top of the plants

jitty bo

jitty bo

ya i keep hearing about a lucas formula that is in coco its at a 6/9 ratio micro/bloom but i cant find the link to the thread. plus from what ive seen on some of these grow diaries I don't know why there isn't a sticky of coco beds. I have instantly been convinced that they are the very best option for growing a huge quality crop. Just wish there was more info out there. what im mainly trying to do is use more teas and dont really know if i can do this successfully with GH compared to H&G or PBP. Seeing these beds have also shown me the importance of my roots I have opened my eyes to my faults ect. even though i grow excellent stuff in 3 gal pot witch is what im currently in i dont get near as good yield off the 6kw as i would like

jitty bo

jitty bo

can i ask this? If I am Vegging in soil now can I transplant into COCO?

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

thinking about beds myself.....I too grow in #3 pots and have a 6k room.....doing one more run on raceways.....@growmaster has shown in his posts well built and well drained grow beds.....I may copy him soon....I use jacks 5-12-26 along with cal nitrate and mag sulfate with good results....I have transplanted soil to coco and vise versa without any problems...always with young plants though...

jitty bo

jitty bo

thank you for the help jimmy check out greenleaf and billyboats post they are kings..... I was just reading a post from jjnyc that he was gonna get back to work and now i'm really stoked because my room will finally be complete when i get stardawg in a room full of beds wow I cant wait I am throwing everything else out except maybe my Louie XIII and my Kush Dream..... well maybe not everything but a lot are gone if ol mamma stardawg comes back to daddy I love that strain to death

socalpunx

socalpunx

drill some small holes in a 5gal pot Ive grown in coco for years and it works fine for me

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
GH works great in coco beds. Been using it for years. 6/9 +/- calmag depending on strain and when you see your plants need it. I would highly suggest Caps OG Biowar teas. Re-use the same coco every run. Gets better with every run. Just yank the root balls after and fill back as needed. Never had a single issue with salt build up and I only flush the last 2 weeks of flower. Trust me, with every run, you will see healthier plants and bigger yield. The key is weekly ACT teas with OG Biowar! Check out Jacks grows if ya don't believe me.

Also, save yourself some headache and just use 4x4 or 4x8 flood tables lined with 4x4 smart pot liners or geo pot liners. WAY easier and lasts much longer..

Oh and I use botanicare coco and never flush it. In fact, I always charge it with half strength nutrient solution and tea...

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

I
GH works great in coco beds. Been using it for years. 6/9 +/- calmag depending on strain and when you see your plants need it. I would highly suggest Caps OG Biowar teas. Re-use the same coco every run. Gets better with every run. Just yank the root balls after and fill back as needed. Never had a single issue with salt build up and I only flush the last 2 weeks of flower. Trust me, with every run, you will see healthier plants and bigger yield. The key is weekly ACT teas with OG Biowar! Check out Jacks grows if ya don't believe me.

Also, save yourself some headache and just use 4x4 or 4x8 flood tables lined with 4x4 smart pot liners or geo pot liners. WAY easier and lasts much longer..

Oh and I use botanicare coco and never flush it. In fact, I always charge it with half strength nutrient solution and tea...
I too charge mine, w/ Humboldt equilibrium (cal-mag paste) and granulated humic.

jitty bo

jitty bo

thank you manicgrower I have been looking at botanicare coco $16 and canna 19.50 out the door and I don't know which one I am doing yet I might just do 5 gal grow bags but can not stop reading about these beds I have the trays just scared to use the coco I can not say how much this is bothering me to just do it...... I guess its just the hump I gotta get over

jitty bo

jitty bo

@manicgrower what strength do you apply your teas when you charge

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
thank you manicgrower I have been looking at botanicare coco $16 and canna 19.50 out the door and I don't know which one I am doing yet I might just do 5 gal grow bags but can not stop reading about these beds I have the trays just scared to use the coco I can not say how much this is bothering me to just do it...... I guess its just the hump I gotta get over

You wont regret it. Im sure of it. What sold me (besides the huge, quality yields), was the fact that I now only have to get rid of a small amount of coco after every run. Instead of the 50gal of coco per tray that I had to dump! Which means I have to buy WAY less coco as well..

I usually dilute 5gal of tea in 30gal of water/nutrients.

socalpunx

socalpunx

in a 5 gallon pot,every 3 to 4 days at first then everyother day like monday,wed,fri,sun ect... but thats when the roots are establish evry 3 to 4 days at first
BUT this also depends on your enviroment
you should lift up the pot to see to see how heavy it is,if its light its time to water

jitty bo

jitty bo

in a 5 gallon pot,every 3 to 4 days at first then everyother day like monday,wed,fri,sun ect... but thats when the roots are establish evry 3 to 4 days at first
BUT this also depends on your enviroment
you should lift up the pot to see to see how heavy it is,if its light its time to water
thanks @socalpunx

You wont regret it. Im sure of it. What sold me (besides the huge, quality yields), was the fact that I now only have to get rid of a small amount of coco after every run. Instead of the 50gal of coco per tray that I had to dump! Which means I have to buy WAY less coco as well..

I usually dilute 5gal of tea in 30gal of water/nutrients.

Does anyone use GH and Teas ???? and if so how are your doing it. My fear is that I'm killing the beenies when I'm using GH

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I use GH and teas. Although I usually use a lower strength nutrient solution when mixing in the teas just to give the girls a bit of a break once a week. You would have to use a very high concentration of nutrients to have a negative effect on the beneficial bacteria. Ask @Capulator, he's a bit of an expert on the subject..

Top Bottom