Coco bulk purchase? To fill 400 - 20gallon pots with coco

• Thread starter Hugo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hugo

I'm considering coco/chunky perilite mix 30/70 ratio

Im considering 20gallon pots, total of 400 pots.

I see the brick and the bag coco....

For a larger setup, whats the best route to go with least problems and most cost efficient for larger quantities of coco?
Bagged? Brick?
Are there any cheaper bagged coco where I don't need to soak like the brick, just ready to go(with a flushing of course)....but priced competitively?

What's best coco for warehouse grow?

Thanks in advance

squarepusher

squarepusher

I have a contact in San Diego for bulk coco if you are interested.
unbranded blocks

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Find a local shop and see if they will give you a deal for pallets of the cheapest bagged coir.

B

bentley

I've used canna coco and bontanicares ready gro and both were bags no pre-charge just mix with perlite and fill

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
You can get a pallet at any hydro store, it's an advance order item, just ask.

I have to say, if you are growing indoors, why bother with 20 gals of COCO? You can get the same yield with smaller pots, just feed them more often. In my humble opinion......

I get 1 lb plants in 5 gal buckets, and I'll bet I hit 2 lbs per once I get the room dialed in.

green punk

green punk

as far as bagged coco the cheapest Ive came across is Black Golds Just Coir. It was called Sunshine Just Coir, but they changed the label. Sunshine owns the blackgold line.

There is a thread on here where the poster is testing the high $ against the brick. Here it is.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
as far as bagged coco the cheapest Ive came across is Black Golds Just Coir. It was called Sunshine Just Coir, but they changed the label. Sunshine owns the blackgold line.

There is a thread on here where the poster is testing the high $ against the brick. Here it is.

Nice thread, I'll have to take some time to read the whole thing. For me, it's not just the quality, if it's equal, the labor is the main thing. It's a lot of work to make 100 gallons of coco out of bricks....

Top Bottom