CoCo Coir and Geheral Hydro Nutrients

• Thread starter gatormtn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gatormtn

I was wanting a lil advice on how to maximize yield using coco and general hydroponics nutrients. I have recently switched to them and was wanting to know what all types of additives and what you have seemed to maximize yield and potency. Any advice you have about experience with these products would be appreciated..

D

DySon

Hey im new here as well.. New to coco but a friend has turned me on to CNS Grow with the Botanicare cocogrow as the medium.. There both made by the same people so it works out great. Its a one part nutrient things couldnt get any cheapier and easier..

H

homem-planta

I try to use the lucas formula to avoid salt build up. Also get 'em some sort of cal-mag source like Cal-Mag+, they need it.

Get some Floralicious +, they love it!

I think some silica during veg is a good idea too...

Make use of some sort of Mycorrhizae like great white to give some live to your rhizosphere...

peace, and good luck!

T

Tdawg

Keep it simple and use the head formula from icmag, just a modify one of Lucas.

6 ml/gal micro to 9 ml/gal bloom. He also add additional Epsom salt which i use in supplement of cal-mag+ 2-3 ml/gal.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

The 6/9 (micro/grow) is nice for bloom, but seemed to have an N deficiency in veg for me. Reversed it (in veg) to 9/6 and everything was great. +1 on the floralicious Plus. GO CaMg+ is a nice CalMag for coco (extra Ca & no N) depending on levels in your water.

2 things:
1. Salt buildup is a problem in coco unless you address it. A lot of people like to water to 15% runoff every feeding. I like to water w/ 5 ml Florakleen every 4th day (no runoff req.). Works great.

2. Bloom boosters are hot & can burn your plants. Whenever using them, ramp up - 25%-50%-75% etc, to determine your plants tolerance. And make sure to cut your base ferts to 50%.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Have you considered the entire GO line from GH?....with straight coco

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep it simple and use the head formula from icmag, just a modify one of Lucas.

6 ml/gal micro to 9 ml/gal bloom. He also add additional Epsom salt which i use in supplement of cal-mag+ 2-3 ml/gal.

THIS WORKS GREAT! This is what I do, along with some top fed guano tea, and top fed Floralicious Bloom... but the only thing in my 275 gallon feed res is 6 ml micro, 9 ml bloom, feeding for 30 seconds 4 times a day....... if your plants show mag def in like week 4, give em some cal mag, but you may not even need it, GH has mag in it.

T

Tdawg

Glad to have your approval Spleefman, as your automated room looks very well dialed in. I just started to mess with coco, need something nice and clean to keep my mums in.

Tdawg

Latest posts

Top Bottom