coco coir friendly aerated tea recipes for flower

• Thread starter splakdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
splakdawg

splakdawg

Hey wassup farmers
I'm bout to get my next run started and this time I'm using coco "cause its easier to transport on public transportation" and also cause I see a lot of friends results on forums and just about everyone knocks it out of the park. With that being said I wanted to know if anyone out there knows any good coco friendly arrayed tea recipes for flower. Organic and chem recipes are both welcomed and appreciated. Thank you

splakdawg

splakdawg

Thx seamaiden much appreciated.
Would u happen to have any tea recipes u like for coco

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It always starts with worm castings and some sort of sugar like molasses. I'll share a typical recipe cut down for doing 5gals.

1C worm castings (fresher is better, your own is best, but I don't have my own so I buy them)
1-2T molasses or similar. If using another sugar, or dry sugar, I would go with just 1T (T=tablespoon) to start
* 1/2C CalPhos (rock phosphate, high in Ca and P)
Whatever of Cap's bennies or similar I feel I'd like to add
spent blossoms. By that I literally mean flowers that have just dropped, such as Camellia. I've gotten a VERY touchy rhododendron to bloom consistently by using spent Camellia blooms in teas.
1/4C-1/2C kelp meal (it's easy to overdo kelp/seaweed products, so watch for imbalances and make that the first change if a toxicity appears).
* If I don't use CalPhos, I use Calcium-25. I have found that coir really tends to latch onto Ca and have spent too many runs chasing my tail trying to correct a Ca- that could have been prevented. I do NOT use Cal-Mag or any combination of Ca:Mg, I feed/use those minerals separately. Both can be given as foliar applications, so I save Mg in the form of MgSO4 (magnesium sulfate, aka Epsom salt) for that. I was using BioLink 6% Ca, but couldn't source it this year, so switched to the Ca-25.

Bubble/brew for 24hrs, then use as root drench or foliar application.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I forgot that I should explain the CalPhos use. It will not dissolve in water (thus, the Calcium-25), but it does... conglomerate if you will, in the media, and it does so without causing acid or base pH conditions. I reuse everything, so the Ca and P become more available with each grow/use. This is why I use beneficial microorganisms and the worm castings ALWAYS--they unlock all that mineral goodness.

http://www.cantonmills.com/Calphos.php

splakdawg

splakdawg

Wow u impressed me again seamaiden u are a walking pedia of growing knowledge and thx for the help. Can the recipe ugave me be used for both flower and veg?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, but I would add alfalfa or another high-N plant source for veg. If I felt more comfortable recommending vertebrate manures, I would, but IME they tend to become a very smelly mess very quickly, and it's a really bad smell, so I use those as top-dressings or purpose-made teas and handle them with care, especially chicken and bat shits.

splakdawg

splakdawg

Thx again maiden. And as far as spent blossoms go would rose or wild rose petals be a safe alternative to camellias?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Absolutely! As long as they haven't been sprayed with anything. Out here the county sprays along the roads with glyphosate, absolutely the *worst* thing to try to make a tea with (that's Round-up). Otherwise, I think it's even better than something cultivated, because those wild or volunteer plants are your very best nutrient extractors, pulling up what's in the soil and concentrating that in their tissues.

splakdawg

splakdawg

No round up used on my property, at times tho I wish I could spray for weeds they're rampant in my backyard but I'm totally agaisnt chemicals I have a a puppy that gets into everything. Only thing I think I would really have to worry bout is wasps / hornet spray getting on my plants.

Top Bottom