Coco coir grow. Ro water questions

• Thread starter Anderslam69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anderslam69

Anderslam69

I'm growing in coco feeding multiple times a day and I'm killing myself getting ro water and lugging it up stairs. I don't have the water pressure for a ro filter here. There must be an easier way

jguit

jguit

Supporter
What's wrong with your tap water? Have you had it tested?

Anthem

Anthem

I'm growing in coco feeding multiple times a day and I'm killing myself getting ro water and lugging it up stairs. I don't have the water pressure for a ro filter here. There must be an easier way
Ok lets see. You could go to HD and get 2 say 30 gallon black tots double them up so the water does not push the sides out and place a small pump inside with a garden hose fitting and pump the water up to the second floor. Maybe get one of the Wemo outlets so you can use a phone app to shut it off so you do not have to run down stairs. But to be honest, if the watering is killing you just wait for harvest and trimming. That will know the wind right out of your sails.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
How high is your tap PPM?

You can see if your local municipality can give you their yearly water report or you can send it to a water analysis lab. I've used JRPeters lab in the past and they had a quick turnaround but it looks like their prices went up a bit. Still worth it, IMHO but you can shop around and see if you can find a better price.

Anderslam69

Anderslam69

Ok lets see. You could go to HD and get 2 say 30 gallon black tots double them up so the water does not push the sides out and place a small pump inside with a garden hose fitting and pump the water up to the second floor. Maybe get one of the Wemo outlets so you can use a phone app to shut it off so you do not have to run down stairs. But to be honest, if the watering is killing you just wait for harvest and trimming. That will know the wind right out of your sails.
Your using alot of lingo I don't understand. I've been growing acouple years now using the cocoforcannabis method and I'm tired of lugging ro water upstairs. My tap water ppm is 137. What's my options?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
That's pretty low/standard PPM for tap water. I'd just go ahead and use it. See if you have any issues.

Anthem

Anthem

Your using alot of lingo I don't understand. I've been growing acouple years now using the cocoforcannabis method and I'm tired of lugging ro water upstairs. My tap water ppm is 137. What's my options?
137 is fine. You can probably ditch any calcium or magnesium if you are adding that but as mentioned take a look at your water report from your city if you have one. If you want a cheap tap water nutrient try Jacks 321. They have a line just for tab. Cheap and works well.

Anderslam69

Anderslam69

137 is fine. You can probably ditch any calcium or magnesium if you are adding that but as mentioned take a look at your water report from your city if you have one. If you want a cheap tap water nutrient try Jacks 321. They have a line just for tab. Cheap and works well.
I'm growing in coco tho don't I need the extra cal mag?

Anthem

Anthem

I'm growing in coco tho don't I need the extra cal mag?
You might and you might not. It would depend on your cities water quality report. I use it regularly and I have at times used like 10 mils per gallon because of issues. It does not hurt but I would drop it by like week 6 of flower.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
If your coco is buffered you shouldnt but there's always the possibility. I'm running Jacks in coco without any need for additional calmag and minimal magnesium (epsom salt) and i'm using RO, FWIW.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm using gh3part with Cal mag, silica, Kool bloom, floralicious, and diamond nectar
I pretty much moved away from all of the snake oil stuff as mentioned above. They are just for selling people nutrients. Some do things but most of them will make your plant fox tail. I have tried about 10 of the different add ons and they do help but there are consequences to their use. You can trade taste, smell and oil production for yield.

Anderslam69

Anderslam69

I pretty much moved away from all of the snake oil stuff as mentioned above. They are just for selling people nutrients. Some do things but most of them will make your plant fox tail. I have tried about 10 of the different add ons and they do help but there are consequences to their use. You can trade taste, smell and oil production for
How should I get started using Jack's?

Anthem

Anthem

That is odd, my city posts specifics in regards to Calcium and Magnesium. But to be honest. Just take a look at Jacks 321. You would need a scale and a way to keep the packages out of the air like some 5 or 7 gallon buckets with Gama lids so it does not gain moisture. For like 150 bucks you will have about enough base nutrients to mix up 3000 gallons of feed. Keep it simple stupid

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

You're doing fine with water like that. I have to use RO because my tap water comes out around 500ppm. I've been using RO and distilled water and adding Cal/Mag to it to get the PPM back to 300 (from 0-20). I'm thinking of simply mixing my tap water 50/50 with RO to reduce the PPM to where I want it anyway. You could actually add some Cal/Mag to your tap water!. Just get rid of the chlorine if you have it.

Top Bottom