Coco Deficiency, Awesome New Growth

• Thread starter coconewb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

coconewb

hi guys
1 month into veg, using cal mag and flora nova grow, using tap water until ro filter arrives
canna brick coco in 1 gal pots, about to transplant into 5 gal
starting water is 199ppm i add calmag til it's at 280ppm then adding the grow til total of 800ppm
ph 5.8 always and runoff is 900ppm
having some issues with the lower leaves but the new growth looks awesome but a few look like it's spreading up the plant, some leaves show calcium and magnesium deficiencies and some are turning yellow then brown and dying only the very bottom leaves though

if all new growth is good do i need to worry?
will post better pics of the damaged leaves tomorrow
Coco deficiency awesome new growth
Coco deficiency awesome new growth 2
Coco deficiency awesome new growth 3
Coco deficiency awesome new growth 4
Coco deficiency awesome new growth 5

iKharon

iKharon

You should buy distilled water until your RO gets in.. imo

iKharon

iKharon

I know someone else will chime in here.. but if it were me, I'd flush.

iKharon

iKharon

No cal mag.. just run distilled water through em to flush.. then test runoff.. add nutes from there. Clean medium important. You'll be in business once you get RO.. saves some money for sure

B

Burned Haze

Since coco I always feed till end (treat as semi-hydro meaning no in between flushing ), I just "light feed ,350-500 ppm) instead of normal 700-850 ppm

Just do 1 light feed and watch how they react and then maybe do a bumped version or if they look hungry just feed normal (700-850ppm)

C

coconewb

thanks guys, was thinking to flush with ph water. am i feeding enough cal mag? with tap water it sucks when already starting at 200ppm.

justiceman

justiceman

Since coco I always feed till end (treat as semi-hydro meaning no in between flushing ), I just "light feed ,350-500 ppm) instead of normal 700-850 ppm

Just do 1 light feed and watch how they react and then maybe do a bumped version or if they look hungry just feed normal (700-850ppm)

Yup! No in between flushing with plain water. If i want to flush then I just feed light like what Burned Haze said. Plain water is for soil not hydro.

The bottom pictures make me think they look a little hungry and that they are starting to run low on Nitrogen and a few other things. Probably because they are still in 1gal's. I'd transplant those baby's soon and keep the feed the same strength. I'd be willing to bet they would start blowing up even more. They look great.

I've been saving snow the last month and a half lol.. good ol Mother Nature giving me 6.3's across the board.. a few more totes to go to 300 gallons :)
Man that is badass!

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it were my run, this is when I'd be wanting to flip them. Address the -N and get 'em GOIN'!

To the OP--there is no such thing as a "cal-mag" deficiency. I have a whole thread on it. If you're seeing lowers yellowing overall, then it's low on N. Range your pH, too, let it go between 5.8-6.2. Usually 6.0 is the sweet spot to peg for most strains IME. Are you giving enough? Generally, as long as they start getting Ca from the start and continue until about 2-4 weeks prior to harvest then they should be ok. In my opinion all 'Cal-Mag' products are bereft of sufficient Ca, ratios are usually in the 2:1 or 3:1 Ca:Mg range, IME in coir 4:1 is much better and 6:1 is super sweet.

C

coconewb

If it were my run, this is when I'd be wanting to flip them. Address the -N and get 'em GOIN'!

To the OP--there is no such thing as a "cal-mag" deficiency. I have a whole thread on it. If you're seeing lowers yellowing overall, then it's low on N. Range your pH, too, let it go between 5.8-6.2. Usually 6.0 is the sweet spot to peg for most strains IME. Are you giving enough? Generally, as long as they start getting Ca from the start and continue until about 2-4 weeks prior to harvest then they should be ok. In my opinion all 'Cal-Mag' products are bereft of sufficient Ca, ratios are usually in the 2:1 or 3:1 Ca:Mg range, IME in coir 4:1 is much better and 6:1 is super sweet.

thanks so i'm at 800ppm should I raise to 900? oh and its green crack strain.

transplanting this week :)

C

coconewb

well I raised the ppm to 860 and after 2 days they look better, also my old nutradip ph meter isn't staying calibrated so I may have been off a bit for a while

Top Bottom