coco first timer

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Hey everybody. I'm gonna give a try at adding a little bit of coco into the mix. Ive had this brick of compressed coco for months and finally decided to bust it out as I'm trying to stretch my dollar and not buy as much soil tomorrow as well as seeing the benefits of coco.
I have 2 square feet of coco and I'll get 3 square feet of soil (2 bags of ocean forest, 1.5 each) I'm also thinking about adding a small bag of perlite. Maybe 1 square foot, don't know ive never bought it.

My question is basically just asking for some input from anybody who has grown with coco. Ive heard it can be more difficult and nutrient deficiency is more of a reality. What kind of things do I need to watch out for or compensate for? I'm hoping that since I'm not using full coco, more of a half and half really, that it will be more forgiving.
Thanks a lot everybody. Much appreciated. :)

budm

budm

What nutes you running, what's your water source, what strains?

Coco will hold onto calcium and magnesium, lots of info here at the farm and grow logs to review. Depending on how you answer the above questions - and how your ladies respond - you may or may not need to supplement with addl cal mag.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Well I'm using general organics, fox farm is the only other line ive used. City water, and growing permafrost for sure along with a couple undecided, gotta visit my access point tomorrow. Ive started my research through the threads and finding lots of good information. Everything is appreciated and will be put to good use.

budm

budm

Cool, looking forward to the show! The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is with your mix of soil and coco - I've never grown that mix so I can't really help there. I jumped with both feet into RDWC when I started growing and over the past few years of trying different styles I ended up in Coco. My mix is roughly 60% coco, 40% perilite. This is my first run in Coco, but the results have been outstanding! Treat coco like hydro and get great results - treat it like soil and I've heard you'll get results like soil.

Top Bottom