Coco Flush keeps creeping up

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have been flushing for 3 days(RO water, Flushing agent, ph'ed to 5.9-6.0, EC of.17-.22). I never went over 1.65ec when feeding. On my first day of flushing the run off came out at 1.7-1.8, day 2 went up to 2.5-3.2!, today went 1.4-2.8 depending on plant. It seems some are flushing but others are not? I used drip clean on every feeding(1/2 strength). I flushed every Sunday after 2-3 feeding through out the week. Did some extra very low EC/PPM's watering's do to heat in SFV over the last 4 weeks, but that should have helped. Any suggestions?

M

MMJInsiders

I'm curious why you are flushing in the first place... were you experiencing a problem? Testing run-off in coco is basically worthless in most circumstances. It can give you an idea as to what is going on but it is really hard to pinpoint issues by testing run-off in coco. Flushing is almost never needed in coco when you have a proper ion balance at the cation exchange sites. Flushing causes an imbalance of ions in the coir, usually calcium and magnesium, which in turn can cause lock-out and ph swings.

Without knowing why you are doing what you are doing it is hard to help. What I can say is that I never flush coco, I never test run-off, I reuse coco all the time (after an enzyme bath followed by a low ec rinse), I feed full strength every feeding, and never have an issue.

Also, start using the full .4ml of drip clean.

Top Bottom