Coco Grow.....help....me

• Thread starter Soulcalsd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Yea that sounds like some solid advice. When I saw it last time they were under leds not the t5. They took off once I transplanted them. Do you think I should transplant into 5gal prior to scrog and flip? I feel like it can't hurt. Or just throw them under leds once my Vegas kush is done.
How long have they been in those 3gal pots? Coco goes a long way so I would generally say 3 gal is pretty good as is, but if you have the space and they have bee in 3gals for quite a long time then a transplant might not be a bad idea if the root system is super packed. It will allow the root system to breath again. There is a point where root mass can take up so much space in coco that there's not enough space for air hahaha, but that's a lot easier to run into with long term vegging plants.
Also the few with purple in their stalk are very hard to the touch can't even super crop. It's strange so far all my coco runs at one time or another got purple or red stems and we're hard with the same symptoms I was describing earlier.
Still using just Canna A/B only? Generally purple stalks mean one of two things. Genetic expression or a deficiency. The challenge about identifying a deficiency is figuring out why it's happening. Too much food? Too little food? pH is off? Food isn't balanced? Roots are not doing well? etc. Most of the time I'm inclined to think it's the result of a build up of excessive food. Which usually explains why growth is good for a while until a certain threshold in the medium is reached.

If you are still giving them 620ppm(1.3EC) you might want to try bringing it down to 500ppm(1.0EC) and letting that run through with a tad bit extra solution and then go from there and see how they respond. That's what I would try anyway.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If you feel your plants are struggling under t-5's wait till you stick them under the LEDs with more intensity and a slightly different requirements for your nutrient profile.
I believe you are overthinking your suspected problems you think you see. Just keep feeding them for awhile and let the plants do what they do.

S

Soulcalsd

My good people of thcfarmer , how I love reading your replies on my lunch break. You may be right about over thinking , but I get a bit worried when I see these symptoms because the last time I saw these same signs the foliage started dying at the bottom and then devoured almost everything but the canopy. Hard stems with purple or red and dark foliage with slightly down pointed leaves. I think there could have been a slight build up after raising the feed. Ppm still read 625 after a couple feeds of 450-500 ppm. Could just need a lil extra sauce to run through. I think I'll transplant soon just foe peace of mind and flip is coming. Running same nutes canna a n b, cannazyme at 5ml per gal and seaweed extract at 5ml. Started adding 10ml per 5 gal of calimag. Last two feeds. Not gonna make a habit out of it. My babies def needed it. Figured it couldn't hurt the bigger girls. They have been in full 3gal for about a month. Roots were exploding out the bottom now not seeing as much but I think that's just because of air pruning.

S

Soulcalsd

If you feel your plants are struggling under t-5's wait till you stick them under the LEDs with more intensity and a slightly different requirements for your nutrient profile.
I believe you are overthinking your suspected problems you think you see. Just keep feeding them for awhile and let the plants do what they do.
Wait so you think if it's a problem it will get worse under led? I have 5 200w vero29 leds but I'll probably just use 3 for veg 2 under each.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Wait so you think if it's a problem it will get worse under led? I have 5 200w vero29 leds but I'll probably just use 3 for veg 2 under each.
Just from my experience using LEDs, they do require a slightly different nutrient profile with a higher dose of cal-mag being the main culprit. Even in veg they will still require more cal-mag.

S

Soulcalsd

OK gotcha. Yea with my last grow ,I used calimag from the start but was still getting spots on middle upper leaves. I also wasn't watering consistent so it could have been a number of things. Now that I can look back I was always chasing buildup from letting it dry to much .

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

OK gotcha. Yea with my last grow ,I used calimag from the start but was still getting spots on middle upper leaves. I also wasn't watering consistent so it could have been a number of things. Now that I can look back I was always chasing buildup from letting it dry to much .

If your having problems with P uptake, then I look at upping the mag content of your nutrients. As a general rule for me I like at least 150 ppm of cal and 50 ppm of mag minimum no mater what my total ppm from my nutrient solution may be.

S

Soulcalsd

If your having problems with P uptake, then I look at upping the mag content of your nutrients. As a general rule for me I like at least 150 ppm of cal and 50 ppm of mag minimum no mater what my total ppm from my nutrient solution may be.
So should I bring my base RO water to 200ppm prior to adding nutes from now on, with calimag? I think my most recent problem is most likely heat and possibly needing to transplant. I didn't have time to water yesterday morning so I decided to just do it at night and when I got home from work a couple of them were wilted and almost bone dry. It's been really hot in San Diego and my apartment gets bad, even with fans all over.

S

Soulcalsd

I was doing that before but thought since canna nutes were made for coco it would have enough cal and mag even with RO water.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So should I bring my base RO water to 200ppm prior to adding nutes from now on, with calimag? I think my most recent problem is most likely heat and possibly needing to transplant. I didn't have time to water yesterday morning so I decided to just do it at night and when I got home from work a couple of them were wilted and almost bone dry. It's been really hot in San Diego and my apartment gets bad, even with fans all over.
What brand of cal-mag do you have ? If it's cali-magic then No. Find a cal-mag that uses calcium nitrate and not one with Calcium carbonate as it will mess with the natural pH of coir from my experience.

S

Soulcalsd

Yea it is calimagic. I think I have some calmag do you think the extra nitrogen could be an issue. I might also have a Fulvic and mag solution called fulmag and a separate cal solution.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I tried calimagic in coir and was not impressed with it as it used cal-carbonate which seemed to throw my pH off. In a soil yes I would use it but your in coir which is right in the range for plant growth as far as pH. I'd try using 150 ppm of cal and 50 ppm of mag as a starting point and adjust from there.

S

Soulcalsd

Just an update for everyone, things are looking great much better. Adding a good nitrate based calmag really got everything moving. Switched to flower about a week ago. Feeding 600ppm of canna with a little seaweed extract , seagreen, and dab of rootamentary. One pic is of Vegas kush and raspberry kush in veg. Every run gets better and less troublesome with practice and yalls help.

IMAG1276
IMAG1275
Top Bottom