Coco Grow Major Issues

• Thread starter Methodical07
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Methodical07

Hello fellow thcfarmers. I was wondering if I could please get some help on a few issues.

I am running

Coco coir/perlite mix 50/50
Gh nutrients 6 ml micro 9 ml bloom 750 ppm
Cal mag 2 ml gallon
Feed every other day 1 to 1.5 gals
3 gallon cloth pots
1000w gavitas

Problem started week 2 flower
I believe it's potassium deficiency or mag calcium deficiency cause k deficiency

Had no issues with leaves until I lollipop plants and issues developed in a day

I do 20 % run off

Have fun gas gnats and am correcting with mosquito dunks.

No bugs I have checked with 50x microscope

PH 5.8 checked with multiple meters. I'm sure I am not over watering. This issue had happened with every grow I have had and am unable to fix it. I am at your mercy. Thanks

M

Methodical07

1452938540106 812210094
1452938540106 812210094
1452938540106 812210094
1452938540106 812210094
1452938735286 1819494997

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

A lot of them pics looks to me like something is eating the shit outta them leaves bro

Thats what i thought but he says hes scoped them. The weird thing to me is the pattern, i think OP might be onto something with the calcium but im no coco guy. Im along for the ride with you though OP im very curious...should be someone around with knowledge shortly.

M

Methodical07

Thanks guys. Yeah I checked all over the grow. Can't find mites, catapillers, thripes, broad or russets. Its on the top of my Scroggins effecting the new growth.

M

Methodical07

The lights are on rails and 38 in from canopy so I know it's not a light issue

Last edited:
RG420

RG420

Thanks guys. Yeah I checked all over the grow. Can't find mites, catapillers, thripes, broad or russets. Its on the top of my Scroggins effecting the new growth.

You might be right about the K Def then bro, looking at leaves underneath the net does look like it, strange one....sorry can't be of more help, hold tight someone will pop in with better experience :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We can't really tell with those pix, brother. I see nothing that indicates a Ca-, let alone the mysterious 'cal-mag' deficiency (in my world, there is no such thing). Can't see anything that indicates K or P issues, either. I've never seen that kind of issue. If it's on top growth, newest growth only then you should look to an immobile element deficiency. If you're finding it everywhere, then it's a physical violation.

M

Methodical07

Thank you very much for the awesome info. I will go back over my plants and see if I find any violators. I will update if I find anything. Thanks again

Z

Zen Garden

Thank you very much for the awesome info. I will go back over my plants and see if I find any violators. I will update if I find anything. Thanks again

I grow coco. Nothing in the pics look like a nute problem. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean that bugs are not there. I would treat with green clean, mighty wash, and for good measure eagle 20. Nuke them little bastards before you start flower.

Z

Zen Garden

I appreciate it, have green cleaner and mighty wash. I am unable to get eagle 20 in California. I will post update. Thanks

Soak them down real good with recommended dose of green clean during lights off. Pull all leafs that are affected, even the small ones; no point in the plant wasting energy trying support damaged leafs. I think your problem will clear up within 48-72 hours. You may want to consider spraying the floors with bug spray and bombing the room too, this way you kill everything the first time and don't have to continually fight throughout the grow. Good luck!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

just a quick question ?have you shot a temp gun at the top of your canopy,i know you are using the gavita but what is the temp on the canopy,i had a issue that looked a lot like this last winter,there is hardly no humidity in room from cold,with the heat from the light and heat from heater if you have one,plus the canopy heat,can and will burn your leaves not just with the lights alone the fans blowing dry air will dry the leaves out and you can crumble the leaves,i use a temp gun that i also use for ac repair on cars and trucks,you can shoot at at the light get reading shoot it at the canopy on the side the light isnt on at the time see what temp it is,friend im gonna say emvoriment

stonestacker

stonestacker

A lot of them pics looks to me like something is eating the shit outta them leaves bro
I get what I call net burn from my trellis. So the leafs that look eaten is prob from the net. But the hook and deformity ? Just my 2cents worth.

M

Methodical07

Update. I want to start by saying thank everyone of all the advice. I went back over all my plants and haven't found a single leaf eating bug. I do have fungus gnats pretty bad and have been treating with BTi and yellow cards. I went out and bought sand to top my coco mix with. Fans are on low and about 2 feet away from plants. I used my temp gun and hit leaf Temps of 76 degrees. I sprayed the plants with mighty wash and a follow up spray with mycotrol. Feed them with more calories mag 150 more ppm. I will keep you all posted and provide pictures. Thanks again all of you

stonestacker

stonestacker

Update. I want to start by saying thank everyone of all the advice. I went back over all my plants and haven't found a single leaf eating bug. I do have fungus gnats pretty bad and have been treating with BTi and yellow cards. I went out and bought sand to top my coco mix with. Fans are on low and about 2 feet away from plants. I used my temp gun and hit leaf Temps of 76 degrees. I sprayed the plants with mighty wash and a follow up spray with mycotrol. Feed them with more calories mag 150 more ppm. I will keep you all posted and provide pictures. Thanks again all of you
I would have increased CA not MG

M

Methodical07

My bad auto correct got me I hit them with cal mag 150 ppm. I'm not sure what I could use for just calcium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom