Coco grow run off smell like bad. Is it because of the bone meal?

• Thread starter CassiusDaiers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CassiusDaiers

CassiusDaiers

Hello I am growing in 50/50 coco-perlite mixture. I added to the mix bone meal, blood meal, espon salt and a organic 5-10-4 fertilizer. I made the mistake of not measuring accurately enough and thought that I didn't have enough bone meal in the mix so I added more. After watering my runoff stinks really bad, it's like a really, really bad fart. Should I let it completely dry out before watering it again? Or should I start over with a new seed?

Coco grow run off smell like bad is it because of the bone meal
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Plant looks ok, bad smell is probably fungus activity since you added all the amendments and the runoff is stagnant soil that is basically composting. So my suggestion, don’t feed the plant , do a flush, search the forum for soil flush. And then let the soil dry out and only feed 1/4 dose of feed week 2-5, then up the feed everytime you feed after that by doubling last dose u til you reach mfg recommendations

CassiusDaiers

CassiusDaiers

Plant looks ok, bad smell is probably fungus activity since you added all the amendments and the runoff is stagnant soil that is basically composting. So my suggestion, don’t feed the plant , do a flush, search the forum for soil flush. And then let the soil dry out and only feed 1/4 dose of feed week 2-5, then up the feed everytime you feed after that by doubling last dose u til you reach mfg recommendations
Thank you.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Unless the blood meal is starting to rot... which is usually caused by anaerobic stuff, which might indicate really bad drainage or something... but if he is geting runoff, it should be OK. In any event, @Jack og has the right advice.

Top Bottom