Coco in Ebb & Flow

• Thread starter DEKA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DEKA

Can I use coco as a medium with a turbogarden ebb & flow? If so, do I need to mix it with perlite or hydroton?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Extra nutrients like Cal/mag is what I have read about coco, is this correct? The pots that come with the turbogarden are
5"x5". Thank you for your advice.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
100% coco, I wouldn't ammend it at all..

Cal-Mag is a must with coco..

If you run all the 14 pots in the Turbogarden, you need to flip them to flower when they are pretty small, like 8"-12" max or they will choke each other out and yield suffers.

Best results for us so far in the Turbogarden is (6) 2 gallon perfect pots, 6 plants only, we pull right at 2lbs under a single 600w.

Tex

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
2lbs under a 600!!How do ya do it TEX?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
2lbs under a 600!!How do ya do it TEX?

That was the first flip also, it got a little better after that..

2 gallon pots are the key, and a little veg time before flippin.

Charles Kush and ECSD in the mix didn't hurt either, those two really put it out..

Tex

D

DEKA

Oh snaps, thanks Texas kid. 6 sounds good. Thanks alot man. I really appreciate your help, espacially since you also have a turbogarden and a 600 watt light. Awesome. I want to go with floranova nutes, is this wise? What do you suggest, sir? Thanks for your knowledge Texas Kid.

J

Jalisco Kid

Now thats workin it TK. I read in another post you hated the white bugs in coir. I have a batch from empire organics that has them all in my buckets now. Local nurseries can not help and the company is not answering their phone. They seem to be fungas/bac eaters not harming my roots yet. Worried they might pass along some disease. Any info on them? Suerte JK

pbangga

pbangga

Tk how long were u veggin em 4 in the 2 gallon pots?like 18inches ?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I got the white bugs and gnats beat with Gnatrol now and i froze my remaining coco outside and it killed off everything else.

I love the Empire Organic coco, I used to use it exclusively but since the civil war in Sri Lanka they have been completely out of the picture, no new stock and no word on the return. i bought all the Empire that was vailable in about 10 stores over 3 states about 6 months ago but it is all gone now. I like the coco chips from Hydrofarm.

Floranova bloom, Grow, flourolicous plus and Koolbloom will work but I would kick a little Cal-Mag or Magical in there and i would probably use molasses instead of the Koolbloom.

Tex

pbangga

pbangga

guess im goin 2 build sum ebb n flow kits lol although wonder if same results would b achieved with out ebb n flow

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
That was the first flip also, it got a little better after that..

2 gallon pots are the key, and a little veg time before flippin.

Charles Kush and ECSD in the mix didn't hurt either, those two really put it out..

Tex

Is that the same Charles Kush used in Reefs Kings Kross?

J

Jalisco Kid

TK all the stores in my area are now stocked. I spoke with the owner and he suggested spinosad. I have never seen the white bugs before. I use 2 blocks of the coir to 1 block of chips to comprise 40% of my chow mix. JK

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey TK,

Thought you was going back to grow rocks! Man, that's some awesome hauls with coco. 2lbs, from a 600HPS is some nice numbers. Was thinking about trying some coco, but i hate going in and out with every harvest. Buy grow rocks once and be done with it, but with numbers like that. Coco, might be worth a whirl.
Take care,
BG

J

Jalisco Kid

BG would you not be going in and out with rocks? I would think you would have to clean them in between runs.I used to use lava, and would have to clean them, we used a cement mixer. Still hard on the back. JK

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
They just came out with irregular shaped grow rocks that don't roll around when spilled and interlock alot like the big lava rocks do, giving killer support.

I am havin a hard time gettin away from coco..I did the side by sides years ago and know that the coco is far superior all the way round but the bugs drive me crazy and the more perfect my room for the plants the more perfect for the bugs, especially those damn gnats..

Tex

Billygoat

Billygoat

I might have to give coco a try and see for myself. Thanks for all the info. Guess, I'm going to have to see for myself. Seems like everyone does well with the yield with this stuff. I'm one to use cal-mag, so I won't have a problem there.
Thanks again,
BG

B

blueskies

Hey texas do you flush during flowering? I just cant figure out how you are gettin that much off a 600watt light... Ive seen plenty of grows with ecsd but the numbers you quoted are phenomenal! Can you describe your growing environment? Temps, flowerin time....etc Everybody take notes class is in session, lol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom