Coco in your eye

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Guess where I've been this evening? A&E. Again FFS!

I was sorting out my grow room, building some shelves and a mother box. No nutes or pH down used. Came in, sat down with a drink. Rubbed my eye. Seconds later it felt like I had something in my eye....a piece of grit or something. Eye and nose started to pour and I washed my eye under the tap. Got the mrs to have a look but she couldn't find anything in there.

Then started to think 'shit, what if I've got pH down on my hands'. Eye is still pouring and burning and I'm pissed off at not being able to get whatever it is out. So, I get the mrs to drive me to A&E.

To cut a longish story short they flipped my eyelid over and scraped off a 0.5mm piece of something reddy brown, which my wife says 'that fucking coco gets everywhere' (dead seriously but made me grin). They then TOOK THE PH OF MY EYEBALL BY LYING A PIECE OF LITMUS PAPER ON IT!! For real. They pH'd my eyeball. No pain, just fucking weird. Turns out my eyeball was about pH 7 and it should be about 6, so they flushed it out with saline (if it had been 5.8 I'd have been freaked). Some doc gave it a good look under a big microscope, told me it was scratched, to use eyedrops and sent me home.

Moral: Wash your hands after farming. Maybe everyone else knows this, I just learned it the hard way.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Terrible, who'd think a piece of coco could cause all those problems. Glad you're ok. PH of the eyeball, that's a new one.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Man FF sorry to hear bro but yeah ya gotta wash your hands as soon as your done with the coco or coco nutes or when you rub your eyes prepare for some issues from this stuff and I should have posted a thread on this because I've been through it already

R

rounders02

sorry to here that FF glad you are ok, yeah that coco get everywhere in my house too

T

tuffgong69

mad story ff..did the same thing once after trimming and rubbed resin in my eye,not nice..one of the reasons i now use gloves..take care,tg ;(

Top Bottom