Coco loco? Help!!

• Thread starter Jumbobudski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Hey what’s good y’all. I’m James. I been following this site for a bunch of years and it’s definitely helped me grow better plants. I was a once a year outside in the summer grower. Yield about 7-8 zips a summer. Would last a few weeks and it was fun. This year my plant got stolen by my brother and it really pissed me off because it was huge but only 2’ tall. It was just starting to flower and it was wedding cake bag seed thy was a winner. Enough of that. I started growing in a grow tent in my room using coco loco I got 3 plants from seed. 2 skittlezcake x gelato33 jungleboys geenetics seeds. The other is a bag seed unknown strain but I think it’s jb gelato 33. Not sure. I’m currently in a 2x4x4’10” tent lol. It for long. (I didn’t realize the shortness) I’m buying a 4x4 gorilla tent since they have the most hight out of tents I’ve found. I got the plants in coco loco I ph water to 5.8-6.0 as to recommendation from another forum I have some spots on my plants. I just recently gave the first nutes. Around 300 ppm ph 5.9 temp 78 coco loco fox farms nutes also. Even cal mag is from ff.

Coco loco help
Coco loco help 2
Coco loco help 3
Coco loco help 4
Coco loco help 5
stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Coco Loco is not a pure coco coir product. It has a lot of other stuff in it which means you need to treat it more like soil and less like coco, including watering and nutes less frequently.

From their product info:

Bush Doctor Coco Loco Potting Soil by Foxfarm is one crazy little mix that’s chock-full of the best coconut coir available. Also includes plenty of good stuff like aged forest products, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime. Heck, it even has some mycorrhizal fungi tossed in for good measure!

When you add all that stuff in there, it changes the way you treat it completely. With all the additives they have in it, I wouldn't be giving them any nutes at all for a while. Sounds like a pretty "hot" mix to me.

Last edited:
Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Coco Loco is not a pure coco coir product. It has a lot of other stuff in it which means you need to treat it more like soil and less like coco, including watering and nutes less frequently.

From their product info:

Bush Doctor Coco Loco Potting Soil by Foxfarm is one crazy little mix that’s chock-full of the best coconut coir available. Also includes plenty of good stuff like aged forest products, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime. Heck, it even has some mycorrhizal fungi tossed in for good measure!

When you add all that stuff in there, it changes the way you treat it completely. With all the additives they have in it, I wouldn't be giving them any nutes at all for a while. Sounds like a pretty "hot" mix to me.
Thanks a bunch what you make of the brown spots

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

Hmmmmmm maybe that's why my girls are doing better when I let the soil dry out ......

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

I got another tent. In soil. Went ok. It’s sunset sherbet c sky walker fox something else I can’t remember. It’s also from
Jungle boys.

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

I don’t know what’s up with that. What does that mean??
I don’t know what’s up with that. What does that mean??
I don’t have enough experience to tell but it might be fro. A light issue because it got moved from an apartment to a house and it went 30 hours without light and than had its light schedule changed. I took the plants in from a friend that couldn’t grow them anymore Because of issues with the building.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I don’t have enough experience to tell but it might be fro. A light issue because it got moved from an apartment to a house and it went 30 hours without light and than had its light schedule changed. I took the plants in from a friend that couldn’t grow them anymore Because of issues with the building.

Your plant had a bunch of leaves with one leaf instead of 5-7-11. That usually means there was some sort of photoperiod mishap...or that your lights are causing it to veg. The 30hrs of light would explain that.

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Your plant had a bunch of leaves with one leaf instead of 5-7-11. That usually means there was some sort of photoperiod mishap...or that your lights are causing it to veg. The 30hrs of light would explain that.
What else can I expect to happen from that 30 hours of darkness it had. And it had its light times changed. I didn’t have a timer when I fist received tha plants and the guy I got em from doesn’t have a job so he puts the lights on a 10am I hat to start putting them on at 5am when I leave to work. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

What else can I expect to happen from that 30 hours of darkness it had. And it had its light times changed. I didn’t have a timer when I fist received tha plants and the guy I got em from doesn’t have a job so he puts the lights on a 10am I hat to start putting them on at 5am when I leave to work. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

You're fine. Just keep this lights at 12/12. They are flowering so you're good 🤙

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Here’s a good video of the both of them. Lights where off. I did some trimming and took a cutting to try and clone and revert Any recommendations??

Top Bottom