Coco Loco In Da Box - Shoreline, Warlock, Nepal Kush

• Thread starter GreenZion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenZion

GreenZion

Hi everyone !

I'm back to growing cannabis after a 3 years pause and I grew Cannabis for 5 years before that. I've always been fascinated by this plant and its "powers". I use it mostly for medicinal purposes, it really helps with PMS, PTSD and insomnia.

I also love growing it ! I grow my weed in an Homebox 80x80x180cm and under an HPS 400W in a cooltube. I grow in coco, final pots will be 1,8 gallons and I use chemical nutrients. I'd like to grow organic some day but because I haven't grown cannabis in many years I thought this time I'd be best to stick to what I know.
I ran some tests in the empty box and temperature and humidity are good. It's time to start the fun !

There are 4 plants, all feminized : 2 Warlock, 1 Nepal Kush and 1 Shoreline. Seeds poped 4 days ago so I put them in little pots and under a CFL 125W with 18h light on.
Do you think I'd better put them directly under the HPS ? A friend of mine gave me this CFL saying it'll be better than HPS for the vegetative phase. But it's only 125W and i'd like my plants to receive the best light so they'll get ready for a beautiful and productive flowering.

For now I only gave them water but as you can see the warlock are thursty so I'm going to start using veg nuts and roots stimulator at very low dosage. I used to water manually but for this time I think I'm going to set up an automatic watering system, I heard it's best for coco.

Coco loco in da box   shoreline warlock nepal kush
I welcome all the help I can get :) Please feel free to make comments.

GreenZion

GreenZion

Hi @Enforcer !
Thanks for the advice ! I'm gonna take a look at your grow diary to get a better idea of what i'm gonna do with the auto water system.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Just finished my first legitimate outdoor grow. I would have lost my plants several times if it weren't for the help I received from our fellow members. Three of my girls were Royal Nepal Kush (Royal Dane x Nepal Kush), beautiful plants. I'll be starting my first indoor grow as soon as the final harvest I did today is dry and out of the way and I have all the equipment purchased. The only difference between most of the other indoor grows on here and mine will be that mine will be powered by a solar array.

Looking forward to following your grow.

King Julien

King Julien

As long as the ballast is capable of running both types of bulb you could get a MH bulb to veg with. Just an idea. A light meter will also help keep you from burning or stretching with it. You can get both together off ebay or amazon for like 35-50 bucks. A light meter is handy to have anyway. Especially during flower. It's also handy to monitor the output of your bulbs to know when to change them.

CFL's are nice for early veg but if you plan on any size they don't have much for penetration so they can lead to stretchy buggers if you don't keep an eye on them. I see you're growing in a fairly small area though so you might get away with it just fine.

T5's are way better for area coverage but yet again suffer from poor light pen. Better than CFL's by far though. Multiple CFL bulbs also tend to be more effective because each bulb has such a small effective output surface area. Only the sides produce any real light and since the effective grow distance is so short you only really get effective lighting from the very bottom side that's facing your plants. Sure you can get some extra light from a reflector but it is magnitudes weaker.

So with one large 125W bulb you may have an area of 3X6 inches of effective bulb surface facing your plants but with 5X26W bulbs you can get 5 times a 2X3 area resulting in an overall effective bulb surface area of 10X15 while also utilizing a reflector to capture the same amount of light you would get from a single large bulb only more effectively spread. You get slightly less penetration but you get much better spread from it.

You can also adjust bulbs individually depending on your set-up allowing for ultimate light penetration if you take the time to arrange the bulbs around your plants perfectly.

All food for thought.

Top Bottom